Underworld: Awakening is a 2012 American 3D action horror film directed by Måns Mårlind and Björn Stein. It is the fourth installment in the Underworld film series, with Kate Beckinsale reprising her role as Selene. Theo James, Michael Ealy, and India Eisley appeared in new roles to the series.
- "The Vampire and Lycan Clans had been at war for centuries before I was born, their endless conflict hidden from the human world. I was turned by a Vampire, and given the strength to avenge my family against the Lycans. And I was good at it! Then I found Michael Corvin; a human, who was turned to neither Vampire or Lycan, but a Hybrid of the two, and everything changed. Allies turned enemies, and the Vampire Elders that I had protected for over six centuries now wanted me dead. We retaliated, killed the Elders, and for a brief moment of time, we were safe. But then, a new darkness arose... The Purge. Human beings no longer kill each other. We have become the enemy they've been waiting for. Escape has become our only chance of survival. Therefore, Michael and I are leaving, tonight!"
- "Yesterday, I was with your father. He was only a little further away from me than you are now. I went to sleep, and when I awoke the next day, I learned that, over night, twelve years had passed. And instead of the only man I've ever loved, there stood a girl, with his eyes. My heart is not cold, it's broken."
- "She's more powerful than any of us, and they fear the day she discovers it!"
- "Your son died because he was fighting for all of you. Because he knew that running is not survival. Those were Lycans, not extinct, more powerful than ever. That thing was more than twice the size of any Lycan I've ever seen! They risked showing themselves after more than a decade in hiding because of her, and you handed her over to them! She is the last direct descendant of Alexander Corvinus; the only Hybrid child that has ever existed! Whatever it is the Lycans want from her, your son knew it was worth dying for!"
- "Though the world has changed, our enemy remains the same. The Lycans will rebuild, and will hunt for her father, as they did for her. But as they grow stronger, so will we. The Vampire Coven will not only survive this world; we will reclaim it."
- "They told me that I had no mother, that she died when I was born. I never believed it. I felt you, saw images through your eyes. But then, someone from outside my door, they said that since I was no longer a child, the wait was over, that I'd be dead soon; and that my own mother, right next door, would never have even known I'd existed."
- "If we continue to live as we do now, then we disgrace the past, and don't deserve a future. We must resist the humans wherever and whenever possible."
- "A few years ago, the government declared 'mission accomlished' on all Lycans. Feds announced that we were to only focus on your kind now. Three months ago, a friend of mine sent me this. It arrived two days after he was found hanging from his own ceiling fan. Two hundred suspected Lycan captures. Every case was investigated. Every blood test came back negative. So my friend began to wonder; were they all false leads, or was someone trying to protect the Lycans; helping them replenish their packs, letting them regroup."
- "I used to be married to a nurse. One day at work, she was bitten. Nobody knew but us. We lived like that for a few years. Then came the Purge. Feds were conducting door-to-doors, and when they knocked on ours, well, she told me she loved me, and then she let the sunlight in, and I had to watch her
- "Between the first and second Purges, Lycan youth rallied in the same way. Against the prudence of their elders, their calls for violent action carried the day. The result? The werewolves are nearly extinct. Is that what you wish for us? Extinction?"