Universal Soldier (1992 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Universal Soldier (1992) is an action film written by Richard Rothstein, Christopher Leitch, Dean Devlin. It was directed by Roland Emmerich. It stars Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren as two elite super-soldiers at odds with one another.
The ultimate weapons of the future have just declared war... on each other.(tagline)
- I just want to go home.
- You're discharged, Sarge.
- Do you wanna play catch?
- Are we having fun yet?
- [after he shot the prison bus driver that was driving Luc and Veronica] Excuse me! You should check out your driver! He don't look so hot! Hahaha!
- Now I'm gonna teach you the chain of command, private! When I say: "Jump", you say: "How high?" Got it? Got it? Take it and stick in your fucking head!
- What the hell are you staring at? Do you have any idea what is it like out there? DO YOU?! Well, I'm fighting this thing man, I kick ass, who kiss ass, and I'm busting heads. It's the only way to win this fucking war. And these shitheads... these yellow traitoring motherfuckers... they're everywhere. And I, Sgt. Andrew Scott of the U.S. Army... I'm gonna teach 'em... all.
- How can you be so damn calm? I mean, your buddies back there just shot enough ammo at us to destroy Eastern Europe, and you're sitting here bitching at me about a goddamned seat belt?
- All right look. Do you have a family, a friend? Is there a Mrs. 44 waiting for you some place?
- (after Luc beats up many of the men inside the diner) Did you enjoy your lunch?
- Luc: Sarge, you want me? I am here. Let the girl go!
- Scott: Don't tell me what to do soldier! I give the orders around here, and you're gonna have to learn that! She's a fucking gook traitor! I gave you an order to kill her, and now you must fulfill that order private!
- Luc: Sarge. The war is over.
- Scott: Not for me! Not for her! And not for YOU!
- [After first action of unisols and before "memory clearance"]
- Colonel Perry: GR44, why did you not respond? What happened?
- Luc: Innocent.
- Colonel Perry: What do you mean by "innocent"?
- Luc: The village was cleared. The girl was innocent, sergeant.
- Colonel Perry: About who he is talking about?
- Garth: It can be in memory.
- Woodword: I think we should take him out of project, to test his memory.
- Colonel Perry: GR 44 stays with the program.
- Woodword: But, colonel...
- Colonel Perry: Just give him a serum.
- Luc: (asking Veronica to help him look on his naked body for a tracer) Look for something hard.
- Luc: (looking down) Is that supposed to be there?
- Veronica: (looks up, flustered) Yes, yes it's very normal.
- [After killing a man from CNA]
- Woodword: We take him out to lose. He shot a man, for God's sake.
- Colonel Perry: Don't tell me what to do. Right now I need every soldier I've got. We'll go after them.
- Woodward: Colonel Perry, we've killed an innocent man.
- Colonel Perry: What you suggest we do, Woodward?
- Woodward: We have a moral obligation to tell the truth about this.
- Colonel Perry: I thought you are more clever than that, Woodward. The program is off the shelf. Do you really think the people from Pentagon will allow the regeneration of dead soldiers? American soldiers?
- Woodward: I don't think I can be part of this any more.
- Veronica: Oh man, I'd kill for a cigarette right now
- Luc: You'd kill someone for a cigarette?
- Veronica: No. It's an expression, a figure of speech. I wouldn't exactly kill someone for a cigarette. I'd hurt them real bad at this point, but I won't kill 'em.
- Local: Nice necklace. I got one just like it made out of noses.
- [Scott kicks him in the nose]
- (after Luc finally kills Scott by pushing him through the hay harvester)
- Veronica: Where is he?
- Luc: Around.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme - Luc Deveraux/GR44
- Dolph Lundgren - Andrew Scott/GR13
- Ally Walker - Veronica Roberts
- Ed O'Ross - Colonel Perry
- Jerry Orbach - Dr. Christopher Gregor
- Leon Rippy - Woodward
- Tico Wells - Garth