User:Jacob J. Walker
Hello, I am an "armchair quotographer", who likes to delve into finding the source of quotes, terms, and phrases, with my main tool being Google Books & Google News Archives. You can find some of the work I have done in tracking down quotes (and creating my own) at my Blog.
Quotes I have Researched
The following are quotes that I have sourced or otherwise researched and added to Wikiquote:
- Think about every problem, every challenge, we face. The solution to each starts with education.
- Announcement of the America 2000 Education Strategy (18 April 1991) What Work Requires of Schools Pg 2.
- Education is man's going forward from cocksure ignorance to thoughtful uncertainty.
- Kenneth G. Johnson, as cited in Michigan Education Journal - Volumes 36-37 - Page 285, 1958
- Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right.
- An apocryphal quote often attributed to Henry Ford.
- Teaching is the highest form of understanding
- A likely apocryphal quote often attributed to Aristotle
Research on the Origin of Coined Words and Phrases
- Coined by Ralph Keyes in 2007
- Coined by William S. Walsh in 1901. Although it should be noted that William S. Walsh did not especially like the coined term.
- "Free Culture"
- The contemporary meaning was coined by Lawrence Lessig, although it was used as an agricultural term in the 1800's, and also was a term once used by Kant (or at least a translation of Kant).