Please see my main user page: w:User:Jodi.a.schneider.
“Go back to Genesis and read about the Creation. God says, ‘I will call the night “night”; I will call the heavens “heaven.” ' Naming was important. Then the Tower of Babel came along and messed everything up. In effect, the U.P.C. has put everything back into one language, a kind of Esperanto, that works for everyone.” -w:Alan Haberman quoted in http://www.wired.com/2014/06/forty-years-on-the-humble-barcode-has-turned-everything-into-information/
- ""Because I am a writer, people sometimes ask me how ebooks have changed the literary landscape. The short answer, for me, is that I have developed a compulsion to drunk-dial Agatha Christie several times a week."" Elif Bateman http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/oct/02/elif-batuman-ebooks-buying -w:Elif Batuman
- "When I'm on the Metro hauling things to and from work, or rushing through an airport, I do not miss books at all. When I'm standing in front of my bookcases, I want to see all my books on those shelves, not on a device charging in my living room." http://digitaleccentric.blogspot.com/2011/03/on-ebooks-and-ownership.html
- Categorize "two heads are better than one, even if one is a cabbage... because if all else fails, you can eat the cabbage” (old proverb from Eve Earley http://www.eveearley.ie/?p=187)
- Peter Drucker, the father of modern management theory, wrote, "There can be no communication if it is conceived as going from the 'I' to the 'Thou.' Communication works only from one member of 'us' to another." (via http://www.manageyourwriting.com/2011/08/this-week-find-the-we.html )
- The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets.
- Christopher Morley
- Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
- Hans Margolius
- Let there be one more beautiful song in the cosmos / Let there be one more perfectly ravishing tune / Let there be words that simply say the way I feel today / Three quarters church, one quarter a saloon
- Ed Kleban, A Class Act
- if you are a poet, all you have to do is be there when the bread comes fresh from the oven.
* Consider a "story"/"stories" quote page
"maybe stories are just data with a soul" Brene Brown http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html
- Organize and sort quotes from Bonnie Weber: http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/bonnie/chapbook.html