User:RogDel/Quotes added to WQ
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are the quotes I have so far added to Wikiquote.
- A person who trusts no one cannot be trusted. (in Trust)
- Jerome Blattner, as quoted in Microeconomic Theory second edition: Concepts and Connections (2013) by Michael E. Wetzstein, Routledge; and in Quotes on Trustworthiness at academicintegrity.org
- Heirlooms we don't have in our family. But stories we've got. (in Family)
- Rose Cherin, as quoted in Family Therapies: A Comprehensive Christian Appraisal (2008) by Mark A. Yarhouse and James N. Sells, InterVarsity Press; and in A message from UTSA Vice President of Student Affairs- Dr. Gage E. Paine (November 2010), utsa.edu
- Everybody lies, but it doesn’t matter because nobody listens. (in Dishonesty)
- Nick Diamos, as quoted in (Dis)trust in Software Projects: A Thrice Told Tale. On Dynamic Relationships between Software Engineers, IT Project Managers, and Customers (2007) by Dominika Latusek and Dariusz Jemielniak, The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society, vol. 3(1), pp. 117-125.
- Aim at the sun, and you may not reach it; but your arrow will fly far higher than if aimed at an object on a level with yourself. (in Purpose)
- Joel Hawes, as quoted in You're Born an Original - Don't Die a Copy (1993) by John Mason, Revell; in Moments of Reflection (1995) by Jean Howarth and Mike Walton, Heinemann Educational Publishers; in Worth Repeating: More Than 5,000 Classic and Contemporary Quotes (2003) by Bob Kelly, Kregel Publications; and in Secrets of Mind Power (2005) by Harry Lorayne, Frederick Fell Publishers, Inc.
- You may be whatever you resolve to be. Determine to be something in the world, and you will be something. I cannot, never accomplished anything: I will try, has wrought wonders. (in Optimism & Resolution)
- Your identity changes with how you perceive reality. (in Self)
- Vithu Jeyaloganathan, as quoted in SACRED SPACE: Your Identity (July 11, 2009), The Times of India, SACRED SPACE: Who are you? (September 21, 2011).
- Variant: “The identity of one changes with how one perceives reality.” As quoted in Between Dog and Wolf: Understanding the Connection and the Confusion (2012) by Jessica Addams and Andrew Miller, Dogwise Publishing
- I became a feminist as an alternative to becoming a masochist. (in Feminism)
- Sally Kempton, as quoted in Witty Words from Wise Women: Quips, Quotes, and Comebacks (2001) by B. J. Gallagher, Andrews McMeel Publishing
- When men imagine a female uprising, they imagine a world in which women rule men as men have ruled women. (in Feminism)
- Sally Kempton, as quoted in Notes for Participants, National Forensic League's Lincoln-Douglas Debate on Feminism and Gender Equality (November 11, 1995) by Twiss Butler, National Organization for Women
- It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head. (in Enemies)
- Sally Kempton, as quoted in Before It's Too Late: Helping Women in Controlling or Abusive Relationships (1995) by Robert J. Ackerman, Ph.D. and Susan E. Pickering, Health Communications, Inc.; and in Feminist Critical Policy Analysis II: A Perspective from Post-Secondary Education (1997) by Catherine Marshall, Falmer Press
- Intuition isn't the enemy, but the ally, of reason. (in Intuition)
- John Kord Lagemann, as quoted in Master Your Fears: How to Triumph over Your Worries and Get on with Your Life (2004) by Linda Sapadin, Ph.D., John Wiley & Sons; in Daily Aromatherapy: Transforming the Seasons of Your Life With Essential Oils (2008) by Ruah Bull, Joni Keim, North Atlantic Books; and in The Practical Psychic: A No-Nonsense Guide to Developing Your Natural Abilities (2011) by Noreen Renier, Adams media
- If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. (in Problem solving)
- Henry J. Tillman, as quoted in Scientific English: A Guide for Scientists and Other Professionals, Third Edition (2011) by Robert A. Day, Nancy Sakaduski, ABC-CLIO
- Life is something that everyone should try at least once. (in Life)
- Oregano is the spice of life. (in Oregano)