Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?
- Don't you know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed
- This was supposedly written by the Swedish historical councellor Axel Oxienstierna in a letter to his son Johan in 1648.
- Old men delight in giving good advice as a consolation for the fact that they can no longer provide bad examples.
- François de La Rochefoucauld, Reflections; or Sentences and Moral Maxims (1665–1678), Maxim 93.
- The hours of folly are measur'd by the clock, but of wisdom no clock can measure.
- William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell (1790), Proverbs of Hell.
- A short saying oft contains much wisdom.
- Sophocles, Aletes, Frag. 99
- We help the Internet not suck.
- Jimbo Wales, Interview with Brian Lamb (25 September 2005) Transcript and Realplayer video