Yeah, they left, never to return
I mean, those friends
But you see, you are here, here and now
That's all I need
All I asked them was
Who am I to that fossil fish lying on the lake bed
Now wait a minute
Why does your nose sweat?
Have some tea please
- May I get up?
- J. Krishnamurti, Meeting in Saanen, July 1980
- I want to seize fate by the throat.
- Beethoven, (Letter to F.G. Wegeler (1801-11-16))
- There is no William Parcher. It's in your mind. Do you understand, baby?
- A Beautiful Mind, 2001
- Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing
- there is a field
- I will meet you there
- - Rumi
- Come, come, whoever you are.
- Wanderer, worshipper, lover of living, it doesn't matter
- Ours is not a caravan of despair.
- Come even if you have broken your vow a thousand times,
- Come, yet again, come, come.
- - Rumi
- Goodbye, sirs. A pleasant journey.
- And if I know-- I, myself-- one flower which is unique in the world, which grows nowhere but on my planet, but which one little sheep can destroy in a single bite some morning, without even noticing what he is doing-- Oh! You think that is not important!"
- Chapter VII, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Presume not on thy heart when mine is slain;
- Thou gavest me thine, not to give back again.
- Ah, how good it feels...the hand of an old friend.
- - Mary Englebright
- First of all, we are sharing this together. I am not a Delphic Oracle.
- You see, the brain, as we said, is not your brain. It is the brain which has evolved through time, millions and millions of years. And that brain is the common brain of humanity. You may not like to see that, because we are accustomed to the idea that we are individual, our brains are individual - ours, mine, not yours.
- First of all, find out for oneself if this becoming can end. Can you drop, end something which you like, that gives you some deep pleasure? Without a motive, without saying, 'I can do it if there is something at the end of it'. Can you do something immediately, end something that gives you great pleasure? You see how difficult this is?
- You may have looked at that flower by the roadside a hundred times, but if the mind and the eye of the mind are not innocent, you can't see the total beauty and the newness of that flower. That which has continuity cannot possibly be innocent.
- If we could take a journey, make a pilgrimage together without any intent or purpose, without seeking anything, perhaps on returning we might find that your hearts had unknowingly been changed.
- I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally.
- Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est. (Applaud, my friends, the comedy is over.)
- Beethoven (Said on his deathbed, 1827)
- There is a story of a man who got the experience from laughing gas; whenever he was under its influence, he knew the secret of the universe, but when he came to, he had forgotten it. At last, with immense effort, he wrote down the secret before the vision had faded. When completely recovered, he rushed to see what he had written. It was "A smell of petroleum prevails throughout."
- Bertrand Russell, Book One, Part II, ch. 15: The Theory of Ideas
- In the beginning, your Ustad teaches you; thereafter, your instrument teaches you. You have to work equally hard with both of them.
- Bahauddin Dagar