Welcome to Wikiquote, the free compendium of quotations! You don't have to log in to read or edit articles on Wikiquote, but creating an account is quick, free and non-intrusive, requires you to provide no personal information, and gives you many benefits, including:
- The use of a username of your choice
- The ability to view all your contributions via a "My contributions" link.
- Your own user page
- Your own talk page which, if you choose, also allows users to send you messages without knowing your e-mail address
- The use of your own personal watchlist to which you can add articles that interest you
- The ability to rename pages
- The ability to customize the appearance and behavior of the website
- The eligibility to become an administrator
- The right to be heard in formal votes and elections, and on pages like votes for deletion
Please also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
Click here to create an account.
Pete Doherty quotes
An editor using this IP address has been adding a number of quotes to Pete Doherty. Based on the edit pattern (adding one quote at a time, tweaking others, all with substantial time between), I deduce that you are reading material that you are excerpting from. If this is coming from a book or an official or otherwise reliable website, could you specify exactly where this material can be found (e.g., web address, book/magazine title, edition/issue, page number)? We require that material ultimately be properly sourced, and I don't want to miss an opportunity to get sources from someone who may have them right in front of them. Thank you for any assistance you can provide. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 07:21, 26 December 2006 (UTC)
- Hey there,
- I'm the person who has been editing the Pete Doherty quotes. I have hundreds of articles on Pete Doherty and his bands (most with cited sources) saved on a Microsoft Word document on my computer. That's where I've been reading through articles and searching for quotes. :)
- 18.104.22.168 21:24, 26 December 2006 (UTC)Linnea
- Could you please add the sources that you have to the quotes? They would greatly help editors verify and correct quotes, an essential part of our quote compliation process. And it would also help to identify information that may not be obvious to non-fans, like what "NME" means. (Many editors who research quote origins and verify material are not experts on the subject, but are just confirming that the material matches what the sources say.) Thank you. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 02:56, 27 December 2006 (UTC)
This is the discussion page for an IP user, identified by the user's numerical w:IP address. Some IP addresses change periodically, and may be shared by several users. If you are an IP user, you may create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other IP users. Registering also hides your IP address.