- Old anchormen, you see, don't fade away; they just keep coming back for more. And that's the way it is…
The Four Agreements (1997)
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Wisdom — A Toltec Wisdom Book by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Be Impeccable with Your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
- Don't Take Anything Personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
- Don't Make Assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
- Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
The Fifth Agreement (2009)
- The Fifth Agreement : A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Be Skeptical.
- Respect is one of the greatest expressions of love. If other people try to write your story, it means they don't respect you. They consider that you're not a good artist who can write your own story, even though you were born to write your own story.