A vacation (or holiday) is a specific trip or journey, usually for the purpose of recreation or tourism. People often takes a vacation during specific holiday observances, or for specific festivals or celebrations.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- What Dad means by "see" of course, is "drive past at 67 miles per hour." Dad feels it is a foolish waste of valuable vacation time to get out of the car and actually go look at an attraction.
- Dave Barry, Dave Barry's Only Travel Guide You'll Ever Need.
- Vacation is what you take when you can't take what you've been taking any longer.
- The family is always the family but during vacations it is an extended family and that is exhausting.
- Gertrude Stein, Paris, France, 1940 (New York: Liveright, 1970, p. 107).
All I ever wanted
Had to get away
Meant to be spent alone.