Watchmen (TV series)
Watchmen (2019) is an American dystopian superhero drama limited television series based on the 1986 DC Comics series of the same title, created by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. The TV series was created for HBO by Damon Lindelof, who also served as an executive producer and writer. The show is set in an alternate history where masked vigilantes are treated as outlaws.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
It's Summer and We're Running Out of Ice [1.01]
- Looking Glass: If I were to defecate on the American flag, how would that make you feel?
- Seventh Kavalry Suspect: Defecate?
- Looking Glass: Shit. If I were to take a shit on the American flag, how would that make you feel?
- Seventh Kavalry Suspect: ...confused?
If You Don't Like My Story, Write Your Own [1.04]
- Wade Tillman: Been a couple of weeks since the last squidfall. Poor bastards rain down on us from another dimension. Thirty seconds alive... they spend all of it dying.
- Angela: You're fucking weird.
- Wade Tillman: And you are adequately self-aware to recognize the hypocrisy of that remark.
Little Fear of Lightning [1.05]
- Wade Tillman: On 11/2 the Soviet Union was on the verge of annihilating us, and we were more than prepared to return the favor. Then that enormous tentacled abomination teleported into New York. If it hadn't arrived when it did, we would all be ash. It united us against a common threat...
A God Walks Into Abar [1.08]
- Veidt: It's not the eighties anymore, Jon! This kind of "appropriation" is considered quite... problematic.
- Veidt: How long has it been?
- Dr. Manhattan: For you? Twenty-four years, forty-one days and thirteen hours. For me, it's happening--
- Veidt: Right now. Yes, yes, I remember. So, Jon, what am I saying to you twenty-four years, forty-one days and thirteen hours ago?
- Dr. Manhattan: You've just attempted to destroy me. I'm telling you that I'm disappointed in you.
- Veidt: ...Right. Sorry about that.
- Veidt: I saved the world from nuclear armageddon, Jon. Aside from you and a select few... nobody knows! My plans for a bright future... Ignored! I once asked you, Jon, whether it was all worth it in the end. You avoided answering by saying "nothing ever ends". Tell me now, Jon... Will I live to see my utopia?
- Dr. Manhattan: There's a period of time I cannot see. When I try to look, there's only darkness. All I know is that you are there before it begins and you are there when it ends. Why are you smiling?
- Angela: Nothing. It's just what you said. It sounds a lot like a tunnel. A Tunnel of Love...
- Dr. Manhattan: This is the moment.
- Angela: What moment?
- Dr. Manhattan: I just told you that you can't save me, and you're going to try to anyway. In the bar the night we met, you asked about the moment I fell in love with you. This is the moment.
- Angela: We win. You were wrong.
- Dr. Manhattan: No, Angela. I wasn't.
See How They Fly [1.09]
- Veidt: I had eight years to kill. Having a worthy adversary helped keep me sane.
- Game Warden: Was I, master? Was I a worthy adversary?
- Veidt: No. But you put on a hell of a show.
- Trieu: If I can take his power, I can fix the world. Disappear the nukes, end starvation, clean the air. All the things he should have done.
- Wade Tillman: You slaughtered half of New York, singlehandedly. Unassisted mass murder...
- Veidt: Oh, god...
- Wade Tillman: ...on a scale not seen in human history!
- Veidt: I saved humanity, you ignorant hayseed. Now, if you'd kindly stop distracting me, I would very much like to save it again!
- Dr. Manhattan: [last words] I'm in every moment we were together, all at once. I love you, Angela.