Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Someone's gonna get hurt before you're through.
Someone's gonna pay for the things you do.
How many hearts must break, how many will it take?
To satisfy you, just to satisfy you?
- She's a good-hearted woman in love with a good-timin' man.
She loves him in spite of his ways she don't understand.
With teardrops and laughter they pass through this world hand in hand,
A good-hearted woman, lovin' a good-timin' man.
- Let the world call me a fool,
But if things are right with me and you,
That's all that matters.
And I'll do anything you asked me to.
- This time if you want me to come back, it's up to you.
But remember I won't allow the things you used to do.
You're gonna have to toe the mark and walk the line;
This time will be the last time.
- Oh rainy day woman,
I've never seem to see you for the good times or the sunshine.
You have been a friend of mine, rainy day woman.
- It's the same old tune, fiddle and guitar.
Where do we take it from here?
Rhinestone suits and new shiny cars;
We've been the same way for years.
We need to change.
- They oughtta give me the Wurlitzer Prize
For all the silver I let slide down the slot.
Playin' those songs sung blue
That help me remember you.
I don't wanna get over you.
- I've always been crazy and the trouble that it's put me through;
I've been busted for things that I did, and I didn't do.
I can't say I’m proud of all of the things that I’ve done,
But I can say I’ve never intentionally hurt anyone.
- Don't you think this outlaw bit has done got out of hand?
What started out to be a joke, the law don't understand.
Was it singing through my nose that got me busted by the man?
Maybe this here outlaw bit has done got out of hand.
- Just some good ol' boys,
Never meaning no harm.
Beats all you never saw
Been in trouble with the law
Since the day they were born.