Wendy Beckett or as she is better known Sister Wendy Beckett (born February 25 1930) is a South African-born British art expert, consecrated virgin and contemplative hermit who became an unlikely celebrity during the 1990s, presenting a series of acclaimed art history documentaries for the BBC.
|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Agnes Martin often speaks of joy; she sees it as the desired condition of all life. Who would disagree with her?... No-one who has seriously spent time before an Agnes Martin, letting its peace communicate itself, receiving its inexplicable and ineffable happiness, has ever been disappointed. The work awes, not just with its delicacy, but with its vigor, and this power and visual interest is something that has to be experienced.
- Sister Wendy Beckett, in her book American Masterpieces, about American painter Agnes Martin.
In addition to writing more than a dozen books, Sister Wendy has narrated the documentaries:
- Sister Wendy's Odyssey (1992)
- Sister Wendy's Grand Tour (1997)
- Sister Wendy's Story of Painting (1997)
- Sister Wendy's American Collection (2001)
- Sister Wendy at the Norton Simon Museum (2001)
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|