When in Rome (2010 film)
When in Rome is a 2010 American romantic comedy film about a young, ambitious New Yorker who is completely unlucky in love. However, on a whirlwind trip to Rome, she impulsively steals some coins from a reputed fountain of love, and is then aggressively pursued by a band of suitors.
- [repeated line] I didn't see that coming.
- Puck: Six beers enter. No beers leave!
- Beth's Dad: You could get your heart broken or... you could have the greatest love affair the world has ever known. But you're never gonna know unless you try.
- Al Russo: The whole point of love is to put someone else's needs above your own.
- Gale: This is crazy. I don't know whether to look at my own reflection or to look at you. That's how beautiful you are!
- Beth: Dad. When you married Mom, did you ever think that you wouldn't make it?
- Beth's Dad: Elizabeth Ann. Honey, you cannot learn from my mistakes. You're going to have to go out there and make your own. Now, you could get your heart broken or you could have the greatest love affair the world has ever known, but you're not going to know unless you try.
- Beth: But what if there was a guarantee that you'd never get hurt?
- Beth's Dad: Baby... the passion is in the risk. It's like I always say, If you're going to be a bear...
- Beth: ...be a grizzly.
- Beth: It's like, I meet a guy, and I think it's great, and anyone else would just be thinking about how much greater it's going to get. And I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.
- Nick: You know, lightning does strike once in a while, Beth. Trust me, I know.
- Joan: His name's Umberto. Umberto! How sexy is that? We met on a flight to Italy two weeks ago, and now we're getting married. In Rome!
- Beth: Wow. That... Joan. Wow.
- Joan: He's the one, Beth. I know it, I can't wait until you meet him.
- Beth: And when I do, I will have known him for... almost as long as you have.
- Joan: You know what? You're not exactly a role model when it comes to relationships.
- Beth: Okay, maybe not. But that is because I have a relationship with my job. I love my job. And when I find a guy that I like more than my job, that's how I'll know he's the one.
- Joan: Okay, so basically what you need is a male version of yourself.
- Beth: Well, he doesn't have to be blonde.
- [Joan giggles]
- Beth: [to Antonio, who's rambling incoherently] I don't know what you're saying. [Beth turns to the Cab driver] What's he saying?
- Cab Driver: I don't know. I don't speak idiot.
- [last lines]
- Nick: I have a question... why do you keep giving me back my poker chips?
- Beth: Because you deserve to have it back. You threw them into the fountain and wished for love, and I don't want to keep it anymore!
- Nick: [looking confused] No I didn't.
- Beth: You didn't?
- Nick: No!
- Beth: Then who did?
- Nick: I have no idea.
- Beth: Then this... is all real?
- [Nick starts to answer and then stops himself. He climbs into the fountain with Beth and drops the poker chip in the water]
- Nick: This real enough for you?
- Priest: [falling to his knees at the edge of the plaza] Ay, Dios Mio! Free from temptation! Graci!
- Beth: [watching in amazement as the Priest dashes off] Didn't you say, at Umberto's bachelor party...
- Nick: ...the padre cleaned me out at the poker table. Yeah.
- Did you ever wish for the impossible?
- All is fair in love and Rome.
- Kristen Bell - Elizabeth "Beth" Martin
- Josh Duhamel - Nick Beamon
- Alexis Dziena - Joan Martin
- Peggy Lipton - Priscilla Martin.
- Lucas Calvani - Umberto
- Jon Heder - Lance
- Dax Shepard - Gale
- Will Arnett - Antonio, a.k.a. Anthony or Tony
- Anjelica Huston - Celeste
- Kate Micucci - Stacey
- Danny DeVito - Al Russo
- Don Johnson - Beth's father
- Bobby Moynihan - Puck
- Kristen Schaal - Alona
- Lee Pace - Brady Sacks, Beth's ex-boyfriend
- Alexia Havins - Lacey
- Shaquille O'Neal, Lawrence Taylor and David Lee - themselves.
- Efren Ramirez - Juan