While We're Young (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed and written by Noah Baumbach.
Life never gets old.
- It's like... he once saw a sincere person and he's been imitating him ever since.
- I've learned along the way you can discover more by allowing yourself to be surprised by what you encounter.
- He's not evil. He's just young.
- It's like their apartment is full of everything we once threw out, but it looks so good the way they have it.
- Josh, you know the world isn't a giant conspiracy against you.
- You know, me and Jamie, always wondered how are we gonna get old? And the answer is... just like everyone else.
- Fletcher: Before you have a kid, everyone tells you, "It's the best thing you'll ever do." And as soon as you get the baby back from the hospital, those same people are like, "Don't worry, it gets better."
- Josh: For the first time in my life I've stopped thinking of myself as a child imitating an adult.
- Cornelia: You feel that way too?
- Josh: I like our life as it is.
- Cornelia: Yeah. I mean if we wanted to take off to Paris tomorrow we could.
- Josh: If we're gonna do it, we should plan it with at least a month in advance.
- Cornelia: A month is still in the realm of spontaneity.
- Jamie: I really loved your film. That scene with the dogs around the garbage. How did you stage that?
- Josh: I said 'Hey, shoot those dogs'.
- Cornelia: I wish you'd look at me the way you look at Jamie and Darby. When we first met, you wooed me with romantic e-mails.
- Josh: It wouldn't make sense for me to send you e-mails now that we're in the same room all the time.
- Dr. Nagato: You have arthritis in your knee.
- Josh: Arthritis arthritis?
- Dr. Nagato: Yes. I usually just say it once.
- Cornelia: My dad likes saying, "The more, the more."
- Josh: That's because your dad has everything and then he gets more.
- Cornelia: We've got this Ayahuasca ceremony this weekend with Jamie and Darby.
- Marina: What's an Ayahuasca ceremony?
- Cornelia: You drink this sludgy liquid and you hallucinate and vomit up your demons.
- Marina: Okay. Well, we're just having a cookout and maybe playing charades.
- Josh: Let's have kids.
- Cornelia: I don't want this to be 'Every time you take a hallucinogen you want to have a baby'.
- Josh: Not every time.
- Tim: Why is it that when one person picks up their phone, everybody else has to?
- Cornelia: I just have a quick thing...
- Tim: Each of us is so certain that we've got the most important thing to do right now.
- Cornelia: [still using her phone] I know, it's so rude.
- Josh: You know, fuck you.
- Cornelia: Fuck you. Don't talk to me like that.
- Josh: I'm saying "fuck you" the way Jamie and Darby say it, where it's not a real "fuck you," it's a semi-playful "fuck you."
- Cornelia: We're not Jamie and Darby. We don't talk to each other that way. If you say "fuck you" to me, it feels like a real "fuck you."
- Josh: It is real.
- Cornelia: Fuck you. And not semi-playfully either.
- Josh: Fuck you. Total, real, cutting-to-the-core, fuck you.
- Ben Stiller - Josh Schrebnick
- Naomi Watts - Cornelia Schrebnick
- Adam Driver - Jamie Massey
- Amanda Seyfried - Darby Massey
- Charles Grodin - Leslie Breitbart
- Brady Corbet - Kent Arlington
- Ryan Serhant - Hedge Fund Dave
- Maria Dizzia - Marina
- Adam Horovitz - Fletcher
- Peter Yarrow - Ira Mandelstam
- Dree Hemingway - Tipper
- Matthew Maher - Tim