While the City Sleeps (1956 film)
While the City Sleeps is a 1956 film about a serial killer who been killing beautiful women in New York, and the new owner of a media company who offers a high ranking job to the 1st administrator who can get the earliest scoops on the case.
- Directed by Fritz Lang. Written by Casey Robinson, based on the novel The Bloody Spur by Charles Einstein.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Ed Mobely: You know, you have very nice legs.
- Nancy Liggett: Aren't you sweet.
- Ed Mobely: Nice stockings too. What holds your stockings up?
- Nancy Liggett: There's a lot your mother should have told you.
- Ed Mobely: I didn't ask my mother. I asked you.
- Ed Mobely: [as he's holding Nancy tight in her apartment's doorway] I should have a permit.
- Nancy Liggett: To kiss me?
- Ed Mobely: Hmm... an explorer's permit.
- Nancy Liggett: Do explorers have to have permits?
- Ed Mobely: They should have, especially when they're headed for uncharted territory. Forgive me angel, I know not what I say.
- Nancy Liggett: Goodnight, drunk.
- Ed Mobely: But I didn't do anything!
- Lt. Burt Kaufman: You think if you're drunk, it doesn't count, huh?
- Suspense as startling as a strangled scream!
- Sensational LIPSTICK Murderer
- The story of these big-time newspaper people is more sensational than any crime they cover. It will keep you on the edge of your seat... and your nerves.
- TEN TOP STARS! TEN PEAK PERFORMANCES!
- They's sell out their own mothers!
- Dana Andrews — Edward Mobley
- Rhonda Fleming — Dorothy Kyne
- George Sanders — Mark Loving
- Howard Duff — Burt Kaufman
- Thomas Mitchell — Jon Day Griffith
- Vincent Price — Walter Kyne
- Sally Forrest — Nancy Liggett
- John Drew Barrymore — Robert Manners (Lipstick Killer)
- James Craig — "Honest" Harry Kritzer
- Ida Lupino — Mildred Donner
- Robert Warwick — Amos Kyne
- Mae Marsh — Mrs. Manners
- Ralph Peters — Gerald Meade
- Sandy White — Judith Felton
- Larry J. Blake — Police Desk Sergeant