White Knight Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles (白騎士物語 -古の鼓動-, Shirokishi Monogatari: Inishie no Kodō, lit. "White Knight Story: Ancient Heartbeat") is a fantasy role-playing video game developed by Level-5 and SCE Japan Studio and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3.
[A man in dark armor blocks the staircase in front of the king and Cisna, the coming-of-age banquet interupted by Magi.]
- King Valtos: How did you...
[The armored figure slashes Valtos, who falls.]
- Cisna: [shocked] Father... No! [She rushes to the king's body.] Father, please! Please don't die!
- Valtos: Ah, Cisna... At last...I hear your voice again... How I have missed...missed the sound of it...
- Cisna: [sobbing] Daddy!
- Valtos: Go... You must...my...beautiful daughter...
[Valtos's body goes slack.]
- Cisna: No, I won't leave you! I don't want to be alone! Please...Papa... No!
[The armored figure points his sword at Cisna, just as Leonard intervenes.]
- Leonard: [knocking the sword back] Princess! This way!
[Leonard leads Cisna away, while the armored man turns around and walks off.]
- Cisna: [still distraught] Father! [She tries to pull away.]
- Leonard: [stopping her] Come on! We have to go, or they'll kill you!
- Cisna: B-But, my father-!
- Yulie: [after Sarvain tasks Leonard with rescuing the Princess] Just a darned minute! Leonard isn't part of the royal army! Why send him?
- Sarvain: The circumstances demand it. The villains who attacked use are part of a group who worship the Ancients. We call them the Magi, because it is ancient magic they use to summon forth their vicious beasts. They are powerful, but not powerful enough to stand against your Knight!
- Yulie: So what? Solve your own problems!
- Sarvain: Pardon?
- Leonard: Yulie, it's okay. I'll do it.
- Yulie: [shocked] What?! But—!
- Leonard: [getting up] She needs me. If I can help...I want to.
- Sarvain: I am glad. Your kingdom will be grateful.