William G. Boykin
William G. "Jerry" Boykin (born April 19, 1948) was the United States Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence under President George W. Bush from 2002 to 2007 and retired general officer. During his 36-year career in the military he spent 13 years in the Delta Force and was involved in numerous high-profile missions, including the 1980 Iran hostage rescue attempt, the 1992 hunt for Pablo Escobar in Colombia, and the Black Hawk Down incident in Mogadishu, Somalia. He is an author and teaches at Hampden–Sydney College, Virginia. He is currently executive vice president at the Family Research Council.
- I knew my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol.
- Remarks on the war on terror US is 'battling Satan' says general (17 October 2003)
- Well, is he [bin Laden] the enemy? Next slide. Or is this man [Saddam] the enemy? The enemy is none of these people I have showed you here. The enemy is a spiritual enemy. He’s called the principality of darkness. The enemy is a guy called Satan.”
- Speech at a First Baptist Church in Daytona Beach, Florida General who voiced his faith cleared on major accusations, June 2003.
- They’re after us because we’re a Christian nation.
- NBC News, June 2003.
- Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he’s in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this.
- atheism.about.com, 2003.
- George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States, he was appointed by God.
- Three days later we went after him again, and this time we got him. Not a mark on him. We got him. We brought him back into our base there and we had a Sea Land container set up to hold prisoners in, and I said put him in there. They put him in there, there was one guard with him. I said search him, they searched him, and then I walked in with no one in there but the guard, and I looked at him and said, "Are you Osman Atto?" And he said "Yes." And I said, "Mr. Atto, you underestimated our God."
- Web Archives: Homestead.co, "General Boykin Bio", Jan, 2003.