Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
Win a Date with Tad Hamilton! is a 2004 romantic comedy film about a small-town girl who wins a date with a male celebrity through a contest. When the date goes better than expected, a love triangle forms between the girl, the male celebrity, and the girl's best friend.
- Directed by Robert Luketic. Written by Victor Levin.
- [summing up the "Win a Date" contest] Heaven is just a mouse click away.
- [giving Rosalee some parting advice before her big date] Guard your carnal treasure.
- I told you to guard your carnal treasure! You practically chucked it at him!
- Tad Hamilton is an actor. How do you know he's not acting with you?
- [to Tad] Like do you know she has six smiles? One when something really makes her laugh. One when she's making plans. One when she is laughing out of politeness. One when she is uncomfortable. One when she is making fun of herself. And one when... she's talking about her friends.
- [kisses Rosie] I love you, Rosie. I always have. If I've been a jerk this last week, it's because I've been fighting - I've been fighting for you. I don't want to lose you to Tad Hamilton, or anyone else. You're the one.
- I can't go with you Tad, because you don't love me, you maybe want to love me. But I think what you love right now is the idea of me. You can't love someone for what they stand for or seem to be. You have to love them for their details, for the little things that are true of them and only them.
- You have five smiles, Pete. One when you think someone an idiot. One when you think someone's REALLY an idiot. One when you're singing to Barry White. One when you're getting all dressed up. And one when you're looking at me.
- I am the boy-next-door... if you live in a dysfunctional neighborhood.
- When great love is rejected, Rosalee, something inside a man dies. So all he can do is run away, where he can meet the girl he'll love second most.
- Hey, if you feel it and you don't do everything in your power to reach for it, then you're basically slapping life in the face.
- Richard Levy: [showing Tad a tabloid cover story] Congratulations. You're actually drinking, driving, smoking, leering and groping at the same time. Which on one hand, is just about the coolest thing ever...but on the other hand, maybe isn't so great for the image.
- Cathy Feely: [to Tad] And at which point, Tad. If you are going back to the airport, I will ride with you, and by the Route 73 cloverleaf, I will have given myself to you in ways you've only read about in the drugstore!
- Henry Futch: Sometimes Goliath kicks the shit out of David. It's just nobody bothers to tell that story.
- Pete: Angelica?
- [Angelica quickly comes running over]
- Angelica: Yes, Pete, what is the object of your desire?
- Pete: Um... we'd like another round of beers.
- Angelica: Someday Pete, when I ask what you desire you will say: you, Angelica, you are the object of my desires.
- Pete: Okay. [pause] I think we'll just take the beers for now.
- Rosalee: So he's going to stay in the motel while he fixes up the farm.
- Pete: Like, he's a farmer, all of a sudden?
- Rosalee: I think he'll be a good farmer.
- Pete: Rosie... He's from Malibu, California okay? The only thing they grow there... are breasts.
- Pete: I'm telling you, she is more of a treasure than you could possibly know. She is not just some wholesome, small town girl, some like, good for you breath of fresh air. Tad, she is a wonderful person with a huge heart. And the kind of beauty that a guy only sees once, you know? Once! So Tad, if there is even a chance that you could break her heart, please, just for her sake, walk away man.
- Tad: I could never break Rosalee's heart, okay?
- Pete: Good. Because if you do, I swear to God I will tear you to pieces with my bare hands. Or vicious rhetoric.
- Tad: You're a good guy, Pete.
- Pete: Well, yes. Apparently not good enough.
- Tad: Yeah, Pete told me if I ever hurt you; that he would tear me into pieces with his bare hands or with his rhetoric.
- Rosalee: Pete told you if you hurt me, he would tear you to pieces with his bare hands or with his rhetoric? That is so... adorable.
- Angelica: Well is it love, big love, or great love?
- Pete: What do you mean?
- Angelica: Well, love you get over in two months, big love you get over in two years, and great love, well great love... changes your life. So which one is it?
- [Pete laughs and takes a big gulp out of his drink]
- Angelica: Oh my god, it's great love.
- Pete: Yeah, that just great.
- Angelica: Well, you got to win her back.
- Pete: Believe me, I have tried everything.
- Angelica: Well, what did she say when you told her you loved her?
- Pete: Okay, maybe not everything.
- Angelica: How did she react when you kissed her?
- Pete: Okay, maybe only two things.
- Rosalee: What did you want to ask me?
- Pete: Oh, it was nothing, it was nothing really. No, wait a minute, I remember what I was going to say.
- [Pete kisses her]
- Pete: Rosie, I'm in love with you.
- In every love story, there's only room for one leading man.
- Kate Bosworth - Rosalee Futch
- Topher Grace - Pete Monash
- Josh Duhamel - Tad Hamilton
- Nathan Lane - Richard Levy the Driven
- Sean Hayes - Richard Levy the Shameless
- Gary Cole - Henry Futch
- Ginnifer Goodwin - Cathy Feely
- Kathryn Hahn - Angelica
- Octavia Spencer - Janine
- Amy Smart - Nurse Betty (Cameo)