Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too
Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too is a 1969 animated feature from Disney released as a double feature with The Island at the Top of the World. A soundtrack album was released simultaneously and featured such songs as "The Honey Tree" and "Birthday, Birthday." The film, whose name is a play on the slogan "Tippecanoe and Tyler too" made famous during the 1840 United States presidential election, is based on the fourth and seventh chapters of The House at Pooh Corner, the second Winnie-the-Pooh children's book by A. A. Milne.
The film's plot is based primarily on three A. A. Milne stories: "In which Tigger is unbounced" (Story VII from The House at Pooh Corner), "In which it is shown That Tiggers don't climb trees" (Chapter IV from The House at Pooh Corner), and "In which Pooh & Piglet Go Hunting and Nearly Catch a Woozle" (Chapter III of Winnie the Pooh),
- Rabbit: Tigger! B-b-but you're supposed to be lost.
- Tigger: [patting Rabbit's cheeks] Aw, tiggers never get lost, bunny boy.
- Rabbit: [dazed] Never... get... lost?
- Tigger: Of course not!
- Rabbit: Oh, no.
- Tigger: [as Roo is swinging on his tail] S-s-s-s-s-stop that, kid! Please! S-T-O-P, stop! You're rockin' the forest!
- Tigger: Come on, Rabbit. Let's you and me bounce, huh?
- Rabbit: Good heavens! M-m-m-me bounce?
- Tigger: Why, certainly! And look, you've got the feet for it.
- Rabbit: I have?
- Tigger: Sure! Come on, try it! It make ya feel grrreat!
- Narrator: [chuckles] Well, Tigger, your bouncing really got you into trouble this time.
- Tigger: [puzzled] Say, who are you?
- Narrator: I'm the narrator.
- Tigger: [pleads desperately] Oh, well then, please, for goodness sakes, narrate me down from here!
- Narrator: Very well. Hold on tight.
- [Turns the book sideways as Tigger whimpers in fright]
- Christopher Robin: You can let go now, Tigger.
- Tigger: [stammers in panic, then covers his eyes] N-n-n-n-n-n-n-never!
- Narrator: But Tigger, look for yourself. You're perfectly safe. [Tigger peeks down at the text, then gingerly lets go of the tree, and sits on the text as the narrator chuckles] What did I tell you, Tigger? [Tigger smiles] Come on. [turns the book again, this time slanted] There we go! [Tigger whimpers as he slides down the text, then lands in the snow]
- Paul Winchell – Tigger
- Junius Matthews – Rabbit
- Dori Whitaker – Roo
- Sterling Holloway – Winnie-the-Pooh
- John Fiedler – Piglet
- Timothy Turner – Christopher Robin
- Barbara Luddy – Kanga
- Narrated by Sebastian Cabot