WordGirl is an American children's educational animated television series produced by the Soup2Nuts animation unit of Scholastic Entertainment for PBS Kids. The series stars WordGirl, a girl with superpowers whose secret identity is Becky Botsford, a student.
- 1 Season 1
- 2 Season 2
- 3 Season 3
- 4 Season 4
- 5 Season 5
- 6 Season 6
- 7 Season 8
- 8 External links
Tobey or Consequences/High Fat Robbery [1.01]
- Tobey: Uh, hi Mom! Uh, you look great! Did you have a nice trip? [notices her looking at all the robots lying around] What? Oh--these! These aren’t mine. I--I was just out for a walk… minding my own busi--- [The babysitter, who had come along with Mrs. McCallister, dangles the hologram machine in front of him.] ---ness… uh, OK… these are mine, but I wasn’t going to-- uh-- oh, forget it. [his mother grabs him by the ear and drags him away] Ow, ow, ow!
Shrinkin' in the Ray/Department Store Tobey [1.11]
- [Tobey is still grounded in his room sitting in his rocking chair, looking through a scrapbook with images of WordGirl.]
- Tobey: Oh, you think you’re SO perfect, don’t you? Always trying to show me up with excellent grasp of vocabulary and your dark, glossy locks! Well, your cleverness and beauty won’t be enough to stop me this time, WordGirl! This time.
- [A knock on the door]
- Claire: [offscreen] You’d better have your coat on, young man! We are leaving for the department store in five minutes!
- Tobey: Ready when you are mother! [closes the book on his thumb and cries out, then starts sucking on it]
- Tobey: And I, for one, will be writing to the management. This, uh, mannequin arm has been lying here just waiting for someone to trip over. Uh, ready to go? Good! Because this shopping trip is taking a lot longer than you promised! Or-- I suppose, if you had just a few more things you wanted to try on-- a few more… (Claire grabs Tobey by the ear and drags him off.) Ow, ow-ow-ow-OW!
The Two-Brains Boogie/Field Day Fun With Robo-Tobey [2.02]
- Ms. Ripley: Young man! Your performance in today’s competition was not authentic! You cheated! Which means you are disqualified! Therefore, the winner of field day is-- Becky Botsford!
- WordGirl: I’ll be sure Becky gets her grand prize markers. In fact, I’ll deliver them to her personally!
- Ms. Ripley: (to Tobey) And as for you…
- Tobey: Yes?
- Ms. Ripley: I think we’ll be telling your mother about your behavior today!
- Tobey: No-- please-- I’ll do whatever you want! Fifty push-ups! One hundred squat-thrusts! Just don’t tell mother!
Robo-Camping/The Stew, The Proud [2.11]
- [Tobey and his mother pull up in their vehicle.]
- Mrs. McCallister: This is going to be an important trip for you, Tobey, because you’re going to learn to appreciate nature. And hopefully grow out of this silly robot phase.
- Tobey: Yes, Mother. That would make sense, except that nature is a thing of the past! Technology and robots are--
- Mrs. McCallister: TOBEY! No robots! I don’t want a repeat of what happened last summer at basketball camp!
- [#1 flashback scene from basketball camp. Johnson is trying to play defense against one of Tobey’s robots, but it leaps over him and dunks the basket. Tobey exclaims, “I win again!”]
- Mrs. McCallister: Or two summers ago at baseball camp!
- [#2 flashback scene from baseball camp, showing Johnson pitching to one of Tobey’s robots, which uses a telephone pole as a bat and sends the ball flying. Tobey exclaims, “I win again.” and Johnson says, “Aw, that was our last ball!”]
- Mrs. McCallister: Or last, last, LAST summer at drama camp!
- [#3 flashback scene from drama camp as Johnson dressed as Macbeth and holding a skull, exclaiming, “To be or not to be, that is the question.” The robot responds, “My data indicates the answer is ‘to be’.” Tobey exclaims, “I win again!” Johnson shouts, “That doesn’t even make sense in this situation!”]
- Mrs. McCallister: I mean it, Tobey! No giant robots, end of story! You need to be more independent, and learn to do things on your own!
- [Tobey is now standing outside the car talking to her.]
- Tobey: Okay Mother, I promise. No giant robots!
- [She drives off. Once she is gone, Tobey ponders to himself.]
- Tobey: I didn’t say anything about SMALL robots that turn INTO giant robots! Heh-heh-heh-heh!
- [He retrieves a small robot from his pocket and sets it on the ground. He presses a button on a remote, and the robot grows to giant size.]
Who Wants Candy?/Chuck's Brother [2.12]
- [Becky and Bob are sitting on the couch watching TV, and Becky still looks upset. TJ comes into the room, and quietly sits next to her.]
- TJ: Hi. [No response.] Hi. [Becky shuts off the TV, and picks up a book. Bob does the same.] Hi. [yelling] Dad, could you make Becky stop ignoring me? Dad? Dad!
- [Mr. Botsford is in the kitchen eating sandwiches made with crustless bread.]
- Mr. Botsford: Becky, will you watch some television with your brother?
- Becky: Come on, Bob. Let’s go back to my room and stare at the shattered pieces of my unicorn! [She and Bob leave the room. TJ walks over to his dad.]
- TJ: See, Dad? Still mad.
- Mr. Botsford: Well, if I were in your shoes, I’d take some money from my piggy bank and buy Becky a replacement unicorn.
- TJ: That’s a great idea, Dad. How about driving me down to Unicorn Land so I can buy her a replacement?
- Mr. Botsford: You bet, son, and while we’re in town, I’d like to stop at the button store. (whispering) I’ve been eating so many crustless sandwiches I keep popping my buttons. Oop, there goes another one!
Bummertime/The Homerun King [3.01]
- WordGirl: Tobey, what are you-- What are you wearing?
- Tobey: Oh, this outfit? It's cruise-wear. Pretty spiffy, huh?
- WordGirl: Heh. Uh, well, it's--it's something. Is that your robot?
- Tobey: Chronos! You were going to be my first mate!
- WordGirl: Your robot almost destroyed the whole city!
- Claire: [pops up] That's it! You're grounded for a week!
- Tobey: A week?!
- WordGirl: You know, for someone who calls himself "The World's most formidable boy genius," your plans seem to go away a lot.
- Tobey: Fine. I admit, the robot didn't quite work as expected. I programmed him to stop time, but there must have been some glitch. All I wanted was to prolong summer. You know, forever?
- WordGirl: Prolong summer?
- Tobey: Yes. If you don't know what prolong means I would happily define it for--
- WordGirl: Prolong means to increase or extend. So if you tried to prolong summer vacation it means you wanted it to last longer, and I can't blame you for that.
- Tobey: You can't? You mean, you understand what I'm feeling?
- WordGirl: I-I guess I do.
- Tobey: Since we're getting along so well perhaps you'd like to come by for a little game of shuffleboard.
- WordGirl: Wow, that sounds like a great time, but we've really got a lot to do. See you! [she and Huggy leave]
- Tobey: Call me! [Claire grabs Tobey by the ear and storms off with him]
Bampy Battles Bots/Truth, Revision, and the Lexicon Way [3.11]
- Tobey: Well, let's just get over with. Ow, ow, ow, ow! Ooh, next time, WordGirl and sprightly old man-- Oh, ow! Don't! Ow!
Meat-Life Crisis/Mobot Knows Best [3.12]
- Claire: "Mrs. McCaliister, there is no need to attend the upcoming parent-teacher conference because Toby is a boy genius and a perfect student. But you will still need to pick up Tobey up at the end of the school day. Thank you. Robots forever." Good job, Tobey!
- Tobey: Next time, make sure robot mom get less peeved when insulted.
- Claire: [offscreen] I HEARD THAT!
- Tobey: [looks at his mom] MOTHER!
- Claire: [grabs Tobey's ear and leaves] You're coming with me young man!
Have Snob, Will Travel/Tobey's Playground Calamity [4.08]
- Ms. Davis: First up, I think I need to thank WordGirl for saving the day. And I want Tobey to promise that he will never use robots to do his work again. Will you do that for me, Tobey?
- Tobey: No, I won't do that.
- Ms. Davis: Yeah, well, I thought you might say that. Mrs. McCallister?!
- [Tobey's mom pops up from the tree and walks up to Tobey]
- Tobey: What? Oh, hello, Mother. What brings you here? Did I leave my lunch at home again? I'm so forgetful sometimes. [grabs Tobey by the ear] Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow! You don't know the whole story. Those aren't my robots--Ow!
Wordbot/Mount Rush Here [4.11]
- Tobey: Well, I must say we make quite a good team. I'm smart, handsome, a brilliant inventor, and, if I do say so myself, quite independent.
- Claire: Tobey! Have you been causing trouble with your robots again?
- Tobey: Oh, Mother, what a pleasant surprise.
- Claire: You're coming with me!
- Tobey: Ow. Ow, ow, ow! Ow! Owww! We should work together again! Call me! Ow! Mom!
- WordGirl: Sorry, Tobey, no can do. My devoted sidekick and I are already the perfect team.
Seize the Cheese/Miss Question's Riddle Rampage [5.01]
- Claire: Theodore McCalister III, you promised me you would stop with this robot nonsense!
Who's Your Granny/Win a Day with WordGirl [5.12]
- Tobey: Oh. Ha, ha! Hello, Mother. You see, I was just entering a contest. Ow, ow, ow, ow! WordGirl, maybe we can still get sushi sometime--ow! Ow! Mom! Ow!
The Rise of Miss Power Part 1/The Rise of Miss Power Part 2 [6.01]
The Rise of Miss Power Part 3/The Rise of Miss Power Part 4 [6.02]
- Miss Power: We're the ones with all the power, so that means we can do whatever we want to whoever we want!
- Miss Power: And together, you and I were going to rule this planet in an awesome, 'We Get To Do Whatever We Want' kind of way!
- Miss Power: You don't deserve to wear this! [rips off WordGirl's star insignia] You see that, everyone? WordGirl is done, finished, defeated! Miss Power rules!
- [Miss Power hosts her news show on TV]
- Miss Power: Citizens of Planet Earth, guess what? Someone new is in charge. Me.
- Man: Hey, what if we don't want you?
- Miss Power: You'll get to go to jail.
- Man: [gets taken away by Captain Giggle Cheeks] Hey!
- Miss Power: You guys aren't really smart enough to be running things on your own. You'll need a new leader. And guess who that is. I nominate me.
- Woman: We don't need a new leader. We have WordGirl! She can stop you.
- Miss Power: [laughs] No, she can't. I defeated WordGirl! And now this planet is mine! And if you don't like that, well, there's a nice, cozy jail cell for you. Just ask District Attorney Botsford.
- Sally: You know if you're all together. There's no way she'd be able to handle you.
- The Villians: Yeah!
- Sally: And guess what you are right now!
- The Villians: All together!
- Sally: Time to show this Miss Power why the rest of this city can't stand with you guys!
- Sally: Let's go get her! Charge!
- Miss Power: Right. Bring it on!
- WordGirl: So you're saying I'm going to be triumphant?
- Miss Power: Yeah. Yes, that's right you're going to be triumphant. Ha!
- WordGirl: I think so too. You know why? Because being triumphant actually means winning!
- Miss Power: What? No it doesn't.
- The Butcher: [offscreen] Oh yeah it does! WordGirl taught me that just last week!
- Miss Power: I'm not losing, I don't lose. If I quit, I won't lose, so there, can't beat me, won't beat me, never!
Rhyme and Reason [8.12]
- [last lines of the series]
- Violet: Since we’re coming clean, I always knew you were a monkey.