Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans is a 2012 3D American fantasy film and sequel to the 2010 film Clash of the Titans. The film stars Sam Worthington, Rosamund Pike, Bill Nighy, Édgar Ramírez, Toby Kebbell, Danny Huston, Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson with Jonathan Liebesman directing a screenplay by Dan Mazeau and David Leslie Johnson. Wrath of the Titans takes place a decade after the events of the first film as the gods lose control over the imprisoned Titans and Perseus is called once again, this time to rescue his father Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind. It was released on March 30, 2012 in Digital 3D and IMAX 3D.
- "Just fix my body...and leave my soul to me."
- "Your boy gave you strength. As did mine."
- "I am afraid, brother. Is that what you want me to say? I'm a god, and I'm afraid. When your precious humans die, at least their souls go to another place. When a god dies, it isn't death—it's just absence. It's nothing. It's Oblivion..." [whispers to self] "...it's Oblivion."
- "I'm sorry that you think being human is not enough. But we humans hope when there's no hope. And we believe when to believe is idiotic. But sometimes, in spite everything, we prevail."
- "You are Perseus, son of Zeus. 'Release the Kraken,' all of that."
- [smacks Perseus] "Mutton head. Two days ago, I was trapped in a cell in a dungeon, admittedly, trying to escape—" [to Andromeda] "—unbecoming of the son of Poseidon—" [back to Perseus] "—but today I'm here, and I'm trying to save the universe. Jump in."
Agenor: "Don't give me the big speech." Perseus: "Yeah, I wasn't planning to."
- Agenor: "Helius! Come here, I've got a story to tell. Come and meet your Uncle Navigator. I'm Agenor."
- Helius: "Helius. I've read that you are a great disappointment."
- Agenor: "That's right. I am great."
Helius: "Dad, I'm actually looking forward to going home. I've decided, being a boring fisherman isn't that bad."
- Perseus: "You know we can't go back home." [reluctantly offers him a sword] "Take it." [as Helius hesitates] "You're Helius. You're son of Perseus, the grandson of Zeus." [offers the sword again] "Take it."
- Helius: [takes it, almost drops it] "It's heavy."
- Perseus: "Yeah, it is. Is it too much?"
- Helius: [raises sword, looks at it; then quietly] "No."
Quotes about Wrath of the Titans
- You get an idea of who the major players are, and then they spend a modest amount of time shouting laughable dialogue at one another while being all but forced off the screen by special effects. ... I found myself wondering, just for the heck of it, how the movie might have played with a more traditional approach. You know. Literate, concise dialogue. ... You know, that kind of stuff.