You, Me and Dupree
The film resolves around newlyweds Carl and Molly Peterson (Matt Dillon and Kate Hudson). After Carl's best man and friend Randolph Dupree (Owen Wilson), loses his job and apartment, the couple allow him to move in. But Dupree inevitably overstays his welcome.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Toshi: But Mr. Dupree, I don't play baseball. I'm in the orchestra.
- Dupree: First, call me Dupree. Second, so what if you're in the orchestra? So was Catfish Hunter.
- Dupree: [riding off on his bike] I'll be fine.
- [almost immediately is knocked off by a car]
- Carl: What's with this Roman Holiday obsession? Your favorite movie is Fletch.
- Dupree: It's in my top five, but it's not my favorite.
- Molly: I don't know. I have a hard time imagining Audrey Hepburn getting buttered up to "Funky Cold Medina".
- Dupree: Really? I don't.
- Carl: And this whole Lance Armstrong thing...
- Dupree: You leave Lance out of this! He's doing more with one testicle than you and I could do with three!
- Neil: How the hell did Dupree wind up on the wrond island?
- Carl: Dupree was born on the wrong island.
- Molly: Did you know Dupree writes poetry?
- Carl: What a homo.
- Dupree: Carl, Carl! Wait, what are you doing?
- Carl: I'm running... trying to gain my wife back!
- Dupree: Carl... you have it all wrong. I'm trying to steal your wife. All I am is that loveable fuck-up that everyone can help. You are just the loveable guy that is lucky for having a wife like Molly.
- Carl: I got news for you, Dupree. You're not that loveable.
- Carl: The insurance adjuster recommended that we sue Dupree.
- Molly: For a moose head?
- Dupree: [after falling on the skateboard] I've wracked my little Duprees!
- Dupree: The doctor said most of my injuries are emotional.
- Dupree: [during his job interview] I'm a people person, very responsible. I absolutely insist on enjoying life. Not so task-oriented. Not a work horse. If you're looking for a Clydesdale, I'm probably not your man. Like I don't live to work, it's more the other way around. I work to live. Incidentally, what's your policy on Columbus Day?
- Interviewer: We work.
- Dupree: Really? The guy discovered the new world. I'm afraid to even ask about Victory Over Japan Day.
- Carl: He's never truly been domesticated. He's like the ape-man of Borneo.
- Dupree: Everyone's asleep and here's lonely old Dupree wailing away on himself.
- Molly: You weren't wailing away...
- Dupree: An animal wouldn't debase himself such!
- Carl: What you did in the bathroom last night was disgusting.
- Dupree: I know, I'm never eating buffalo wings again.
- Dupree: I'm throwing seven different kinds of smoke!
- Lance Armstrong: [Having just read Dupree's book and breaking the forth wall] Lanceness Lance... ness? Lancennneeesss LanceNess [Very last lines after the credits]
- Two's company. Dupree's a crowd.
- Owen Wilson - Randolph "Randy" Dupree
- Matt Dillon - Carl Peterson
- Kate Hudson - Molly Thompson-Peterson
- Michael Douglas - Bob Thompson
- Seth Rogen - Neil
- Amanda Detmer - Annie
- Ralph Ting - Toshi
- Todd Stashwick - Tony
- Bill Hader - Mark
- Lance Armstrong - himself