Jump to navigation Jump to search
Yuri Bezmenov (1939–January 5, 1993) was a Soviet journalist and a former informant who defected to Canada.
- People all over the Earth whether they praise America or bitterly criticize her, look upon you as the only hope for mankind's survival and the last stronghold of freedom. Some may not think in these idealistic terms, but they certainly enjoy the fruits of your civilization often forgetting to be grateful for them.
- My dear friends, I think you are in very big trouble. Whether you believe it or not, YOU ARE AT WAR. And you may lose this war very soon together with all your affluence and freedoms unless you start defending yourselves.
- Love Letter to America (1984)
- As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter anymore. A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell him nothing, even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents and pictures. ...he will refuse to believe it... That's the tragedy of the situation of demoralization.
- 1983 interview, as quoted in 38 years ago, a KGB defector chillingly predicted modern America (18 July 2018), Big Think.