Zero Day (film)
- Directed by Ben Coccio. Written by Ben Coccio and Christopher Coccio.
- If you think about it, anybody who's done anything like this in the past has had a website up, or they've done something stupid to attract attention to themselves- mostly that's all they wanted, was attention. We're not like that.
- When our parents find these tapes, they're gonna think, "Oh, they were right down there in the basement. We could've known, we could've stopped them." It's not your fault, we love you. Could you blame anyone for not noticing? I mean, who's gonna want to think their brother, their son, their student, their employee, their peer- is gonna do something like this? There are no reasons and you're all gonna look for 'em but you're not gonna find 'em!
- We're not trying to waste anyone's lives. We're trying to make people realize what they should value.
- Life isn't fair, so we gotta even the score a little.
- We acted alone. We obtained the weapons alone. And nobody knew that we were going to do this.
- I'm ready for Zero Day, are you?
- I know that this will be my last day, it's Zero Day
- You know, I hate to be the guy to break it to you, on the eighteenth birthday of all days, but, life isn't always fair, you know?
- Cal: You know, in medieval times, if someone insulted you, you took your sword out, and you dueled them, and you killed them.
- Andre: And make no mistake, we've been insulted. Now it's time for the duel.
- [Just before Andre and Cal head into the school]
- Andre: Dude, I want you to know, like- I couldn't have done this with anyone else. Like, I don't know what would've happened to me if-if we hadn't been friends.
- Cal: I don't think that, uh, I could've done this with anyone else, either.
- Andre: [After a brief pause] Ready?
- Cal: Aim.
- Andre: Let's get this shit done. Let's kick the tires and light the fires.
- [During the shooting, Andre and Cal find another student hiding behind a couch]
- Andre: It's Greg! Greg, sit down, man! Relax.
- Greg: Please don't hurt me, sir!
- Andre: [laughs] Sir! I like that.
- Cal: [chuckles] He called you sir!
- Andre: I can't kill you; you're too pathetic. [starts to walk away] You're gonna live today, man. You're gonna live!
- [Cal starts to follow Andre, then suddenly turns and shoots Greg several times. Andre shrugs.]
- Andre: [as police arrive] Look out the window. That is a lotta fuckin' cops. C'mon, let's go get a couple.
- Cal: No.
- Andre: C'mon, let's go!
- Cal: I'm done.
- Andre: Why- how are you done?
- Cal: Andre, you're done.
- Andre: I'm not- I don't- I'm not done.
- Cal: It's all right, we'll just... would you rather get shot by the cops, or, by yourself?
- Andre: Guess you're right.
- Cal: You guess or you know?
- Andre: I know. You're right.
- [After loading their weapons, Andre and Cal kneel side by side.]
- Cal: One, two-
- Andre: Wait. I can't do it. I just can't do it.
- Cal: Andre-
- Andre: I can't do it.
- Cal: You don't have to think about it.
- [They argue for a few minutes, then agree to fire upon counting to three.]
- Andre: One, two, three-
- [Andre and Cal fire, one just after the other]
- In high school, you're told you can do anything you put your mind to.
- Two kids. One School.
- Andre Keuck - Andre Kriegman
- Cal Robertson - Calvin Gabriel
- Christopher Coccio - Chris Kriegman
- Gerhard Keuck - Andre's Father
- Johanne Keuck - Andre's Mother
- Rachel Benichak - Rachel Lurie
- Pam Robertson - Cal's Mother
- Steve Robertson - Cal's Father