Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Even if a minefield or the abyss should lie before me, I will march straight ahead without looking back.
- As quoted in Reform in Deep Water Zone: How Could China Reform Its State-Dominated Sectors at Commanding Heights by Harvard Kennedy School
- My criticism is too severe sometimes and that is not good. But why don't you start doing your work unless your leader flies into a rage? It is not that you cannot do it but that you don't want to do it.
- I have never intimidated the masses... I only intimidate corrupt officials.
- As quoted in A Former Premier of China Speaks in The Atlantic (September 16, 2011)
- Be realistic and truthful - and tell Hong Kong businessmen honestly that they should go for long-term investments since it is unlikely money can be made in the short haul. AZ Quotes
- As quoted in China's hard sell in the mild, mild west in CNN (May 29, 2001)
- History can never be covered up.
- As quoted in China.org in New Yorker (April 23, 2001)