Zoom (also known as Zoom: Academy for Superheroes) is a 2006 American comedy superhero film. It is based upon the children's book Amazing Adventures from Zoom's Academy by Jason Lethcoe. The film is directed by Peter Hewitt.
The film's release was delayed due to a lawsuit filed by Fox and Marvel Comics. Zoom was initially intended to premiere two weeks before X-Men: The Last Stand, but it was alleged that the script for Zoom was too similar to the X-Men film franchse and would "confuse" viewers.
- Summer Jones: [group is trying to figure out the controls of the flying saucer] Maybe there's less to figure out than there is to understand.
- [The team and Marsha has trapped Concussion in a high-speed vortex created by Zoom]
- Doctor Grant: Zoom, we can save him! You must close the vortex!
- Zoom: [going faster] Must save Connor!
- [Despite Concussion's best efforts he is unable to stop Zoom and the vortex closes around him]
- Concussion: No!
- [The vortex closes on Concussion, sucking out the Gamma-13 and saving him]
- Cindy Collins: You care about us, right?
- Jack Shepard: I brought cake...
- Jack Shepard: That was bolted to the wall.
- Larraby: I told you not to call me unless the world was going to end.
- Dr. Grant: I don't know about the world ending, but we've been tracking a pan-dimensional anomaly that seems to be moving toward our time-space continuum.
- Larraby: Dr. Grant, I speak Greek, not geek.
- Dr. Grant: Let me put it this way. Concussion is still alive, and he's coming back.
- Larraby: He was destroyed.
- Dr. Grant: Nope.
- Larraby: We were there. We both saw it.
- Dr. Grant: Nope.
- Cindy Collins: [singing] A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P...
- Jack Shepard: Stop that. You're singing the alphabet. That's not a power. And your voice is average, it's not super.
- Cindy Collins: It is, too, super.
- [throwing the table]
- Dr. Grant: Get another table in here, please. Right away.
- Summer Jones: I see things.
- Jack Shepard: Do you see dead people?
- Summer Jones: I see you suffer from a massive inferiority complex.
- Jack Shepard: [speak slowly to Marsha] I try to hide that so well.
- Jack Shepard: Cindy, what are you wearing?
- Cindy Collins: It's my alter eggo.
- Jack Shepard: You mean your "alter ego"?
- Cindy Collins: I'm a princess.
- Jack Shepard: Cindy, you're not a princess.
- Cindy Collins: But I look pretty.
- Jack Shpeard: Yeah, but pretty girls don't have any real friends and they never get any respect. Take Miss Holloway, for instance.
- Marsha Holloway: Hey.
- Dr. Grant: [Cindy throws the 2.5-ton object] Scatter...
- Summer Jones: That is getting so old.
- Dylan West: Considering you can read my mind, I don't have many options.
- Summer Jones: I can't read your mind. I just feel stuff. And you can stop hitting on me entirely.
- Dylan West: No, I can't do that. You and I are destiny.
- They're going to save the world . . . as long as they're home for dinner
- Tim Allen - Jack Shepard/Captain Zoom
- Chevy Chase - Dr. Grant
- Courteney Cox - Marsha Holloway
- Kevin Zegers - Connor Shepard/Concussion
- Kate Mara - Summer Jones/Wonder
- Ryan Newman - Cindy Collins/Princess
- Michael Cassidy - Dylan West/Houdini
- Spencer Breslin as Tucker Williams/Mega Boy
- Alexis Bledel - Ace (uncredited)
- Devon Aoki - Daravia
- Wilmer Valderrama - Marksman
- Thomas F. Wilson - Dylan's teacher (cameo)
- David Lander - a Wendy's waiter (cameo)