Zork is a series of three text adventures from the 1980s.
- You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. Famous first line
- It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
- Trap door crashes shut, and you hear someone barring it.
- This is part of a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
- Suddenly, the rainbow appears to become solid and, I venture, walkable (I think the giveaway was the stairs and bannister).
- Thank you very much. I was rather thirsty (from all this talking, probably).
- What the heck! You won't make any friends this way, but nobody around here is to friendly anyhow. Gulp!
- If you pray enough, your prayers may be answered.
- Very good. Now you can go to the second grade. [Or] Wheeeeeee!!!!! [Or] Do you expect me to applaud?
- Such language in a high-class establishment like this!
- A hollow voice says "Fool".