(Redirected from Girl)
Quotes about girls.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
For the TV show, see Girls (TV Show)
- The laughter of girls is, and ever was, among the delightful sounds of earth.
- Thomas De Quincey, "Coleridge and Opium-Eating" (1845), in Coleridge and Opium-Eating and Other Writings (Edinburgh: Adam and Charles Black, 1862), footnote on p. 85
- Young girls are the chatelaines of truth; they must see that it is protected, that the guilty lead the life of the guilty, even if the world rocks on its foundations.
- Jean Giraudoux, Electra (1937), Act I, trans. Phyllis La Farge with Peter H. Judd
- Girls were made to love and kiss.
- A young girl's beauty should speak to the soul and to the imagination, and not to the senses like the beauty of women.
- Alphonse Karr, Les Femmes (Paris: Michel Lévy, 1855), p. 109
- There is nothing so difficult to support imperturbably as the head of a lovely girl, except her grief.
- Dear to the heart of a girl is her own beauty and charm.
- Ovid, The Art of Beauty (c. A.D. 8), trans. Rolfe Humphries
- And there was that wholesale libel on a Yale prom. If all the girls attending it were laid end to end, Mrs. Parker said, she wouldn't be at all surprised.
- Dorothy Parker, quoted in Alexander Woollcott, "Our Mrs. Parker", While Rome Burns (New York: The Viking Press, 1934), p. 149
- This was the first appearance in print of Parker's famous quote, subsequently often put into direct speech as "If all the girls attending the Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn't be at all surprised."
- Sugar, spice and everything nice. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girls.
- Opening narration from The Powerpuff Girls (1998–2005) television show
- And sweet girl-graduates in their golden hair.
- Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; the hell with sugar and spice.
- From the girl the woman is born; for It is in her that the future lies.
- Many men can learn a lot from girls, they just have to try.