widely regarded as the first and most popular Catwoman, also known as , is a comic book character created by Bob Kane first appearing in Batman #1 Spring 1940. She is probably the most famous comic book heroine and villainess, having a variety of appearances in other media.
Comic Book Quotes
- "Like the view? It's the only thing you'll be catching tonight." - Hush
- "Rabbiting? I've never rabbited in my life! I've pussy-footed. I've cat-scratched. I've even kittycornered. But I don't rabbit!" - Catwoman Vol.2 #12
- "Live fast. Love hard. Die young. Leave a good-smelling corpse." - Catwoman Vol.2 #18
- "They may suspect me, but they'll never see me. They may chase me, but they'll never catch me. Never, never, ever catch me." - Catwoman Vol.2 #19
- "Little birds should stay away from big bad kittycats." - Catwoman Vol.2 #25
- "I'm a thief--and stealing is what I do. Not so much for the prize or the possession or even the profit...but for the art of doing it...because I can...and because I'm good." - Catwoman Vol.2 #38
- "You are part of the night, just like me. We're not afraid of the dark--we come alive in it...we're thrilled by it." [to Batman] - Catwoman Vol.2 #40
- "We are not in control. Every now and then life likes to reiterate that little point. Some people find such reminders disconcerting. They spend their lives in breathless pursuit of meaningless goals, hoping to forget everything they know about their own mortality. Some people anchor themselves to something larger. Religion, Art, Justice. Anything they deem significant in a life that's not. We are not in control. If we were, surely we'd know better than to care about anything." - Catwoman Vol.2 #57
- "A long time ago, before I put on this mask, I was afraid of everything." - Catwoman Vol.2 #59
- "That's part of the rule. Never quit. Never let them see you're afraid. Above all -- never let them see you're hurt. Never let them see you cry. Never." - Catwoman Vol.2 #75
- "My world is all just shades of grey, Batman. That's why you'll never really understand me." - Catwoman Vol.3 #1
- "The East End. My soul is tied to this place now. Because it's cost me so much in blood and tears. But this is where the Catwoman was
born. And if it has to be, this is where she'll die." - Catwoman Vol. 3 #25
- "Wow, The Batman. Or is it just Batman?"
- "Honey, I'm home! Oh, I forgot. I'm not married."
- Voice mail from mother: Selina this is your mother. Just calling to say hello.
- Selina Kyle: Yeah, but~
- Voice mail from mother: But I'm disappointed you're not coming home for Christmas. I wanna discuss why u insist on languishing in Gotham City as some lowly secretary.
- Selina Kyle: Lowly assistant.
- Voice mail from boyfriend: Selina, about that Christmas getaway we planned...I'll be going alone. Doctor Shaw says I need to be my own person and not an appendage.
- Selina Kyle: Some appendage. Well, the party never stops on Selina Kyle's answering machine. Guess I should've let him win that last racquetball game.
- Voice mail from New Gotham Lady Perfume: Hello, Selina Kyle. We're just calling to inform you about exciting new Gotham Lady Perfume. It makes women feel like women. And the men have no complaints either.
- Voice mail from Selina Kyle: Hi, Selina. This is yourself calling. Do I have to remind you that you need to come all the way back to the office to pick up the Bruce Wayne files if you haven't.
- Selina Kyle: Oh, this is stupid. You stupid corn dog!
- Max Shreck: Working late?
- Selina Kyle: Huh?! Oh, um, I'm just boning up for your Bruce Wayne meeting in the morning. I pulled all the files on the proposed power plant and the um Mr Wayne's Home For Investment. And I even~
- Max Shreck: How industrious. How exactly did you open protected files? May I ask?
- Selina Kyle: Um, I figured your password was "Geraldo", your chihuahua and it was. This is all very um interesting though a bit on the um technical side. I mean, about how the power plant was a power plant in name only and since in fact, its going to be a big giant...big giant um...capacitor! And that instead of generating power it'll be sort of um sucking power from...Gotham City...storing it...um...stockpiling it. Which is a very novel approach I'd say.
- Max Shreck: And who'd you say this to.
- Selina Kyle: Um...nobody.
- Max Shreck: What did the curiosity do to the cat?
- Selina Kyle: I'm no cat. I'm just an assistant. A secretary.
- Max Shreck: And a very good one.
- Selina Kyle: Too good? Listen, its our secret honest. How could you be so mean to someone so meaningless?
- Max Shreck: This power plant is my legacy. Its what I leave behind for Chip. Nothing must prevent that.
- Selina Kyle: Okay, go ahead. Intimidate me. Bully me if it makes you feel big, I mean its not like you can just kill me!
- Max Shreck: Actually, its a lot like that.
[pretends to prepare to push her out of a window but backs away at the last moment]
- Selina Kyle: What? What? Wha~
[she and Max start laughing]
- Selina Kyle: For a second there you really frightened me~
[Max pushes her out of a window and she screams. Cats lick and gnaw her corpse, reviving her]
- Voice mail from mother: Selina, this is your mother. Call me.
[next voice mail]
- Voice mail from mother: Selina, this is your mother, why haven't you called me back?
- Voice mail from Gotham Lady Perfume: Hello, Selina Kyle. We're just calling to make sure you've tried Gotham Lady Perfume. One whiff of this at the office and your boss will be asking you to stay after work: for a candlelight staff meeting for two, Gotham lady Perfume, exclusively at Shreck's department store~
- Selina Kyle: Arghhhhhhhhhhh!
[tears though her apartment and fashions a vinyl catsuit]
- "I don't know about you Miss Kitty, but I feel...so much yummier."
- "I am Catwoman. Hear me roar."
- Bruce Wayne: You know, I could free up some time.
- Selina Kyle: I'm listed.
- Bruce Wayne: I'm tempted.
- Selina Kyle: I'm working.
- Bruce Wayne: I'm leaving!
- Guard #1: Who is she?
- Guard #2: What is she"
- Guard #1: I dunno whether to open fire or fall in love.
- Catwoman: You poor guys, always confusing your pistols with your privates.
[whips the pistols out of the guards' hands]
- Guard #2: Don't hurt us lady, our take-home's less than 300.
- Catwoman: You're overpaid! Now hit the road!
[whips the ceiling to scare them off]
- Batman: Admiring your handiwork?
- Penguin: Touring the riot scene. Gravely accessing the devastation. Upstanding mayor stuff.
- Batman: You're not the mayor.
- Penguin: Things change.
- Batman: What do you want?
- Penguin: Ah, the direct approach. I admire that in a man with a mask. You don't really think you'll win do you?
- Batman: Things change.
[Catwoman does back handsprings into the middle of the confrontation]
- Catwoman: Meow.
[a store explodes and she escapes]
- Penguin: I saw her first...gotta fly!
[flies away in umbrella]
- "Life's a bitch, now so am I."
- Bruce Wayne: You've got kind of a...kind of a dark side don't you?
- Selina Kyle: No darker than yours Bruce.
- "You're catnip to a girl like me."
- Batman: Mistletoe can be deadly if you eat it.
- Catwoman: Hmm but a kiss, can be even deadlier if you mean it.
- "I wouldn't touch you to scratch you."
- Selina Kyle: A kiss under a mistletoe. You know, mistletoe can be deadly if you eat it.
- Bruce Wayne: A kiss could be even deadly......if you mean it.
[both of them realize each other's identities]
- Max Shreck: Look what you want, I know I can get it for you, with a minimum of fuss. Money, jewels, a very big ball of string.
- Catwoman: Your blood Max.
- Max Shreck: My blood I gave, at the office.
- Catwoman: A half pint I'm talking gallons.
- Max Shreck: Lets make a deal: Other than my blood, what can I do for you?
- Catwoman: Sorry Max, a die for a dive!
[Batman arrives and Catwoman releases Shreck]
- Max Shreck: You're not just saving a life. You're saving a......
- Batman: Shut up, you're going to jail.
- Catwoman: Don't be náive! The law, doesn't apply to people like him or us!
- Batman: Wrong on both counts.[pause]Why are you doing this? Let's just take him to the police, then we can go home. Together. Selina, don't you see? We're the same. We're the same split, right in the center. Selina, please.
- Catwoman: Bruce, I would......I would love to live with you in your castle. Forever just like in a fairy tale.
[Bruce strokes her and she scratches him]
- Catwoman: I just couldn't live with myself! So don't pretend this is a happy ending!
- Max Shreck: Selina? Selina Kyle, you're fired! And Bruce Wayne, why are you dressed up like Batman?
- Selina Kyle: Because he is Batman you moron.
- Max Shreck: Was.
[shoots Bruce and Selina prepares for an attack]
- Max Shreck: Don't.
- Selina Kyle: You killed me. The Penguin killed me. Batman killed me. That's three lives down, you got enough in there ta finish me off?
- Max Shreck: One way to find out.
[shoots her twice]
- Selina Kyle: Four...five...still alive!
[fires two more sots at her which nearly cripple her]
- Selina Kyle: Six...seven...all good girls go to heaven.
[Max fires the gun but its empty and Kyle laughs hysterically]
- Selina Kyle: Two lives left. I think I'll save one for next Christmas. But in the meantime, how about a kiss Santy Claus?
[kisses Max with a taser between their mouths]
The Dark Knight Rises
- "Well of course, sometimes exceptions have to be made."
- "Keep some pressure on that, sweetheart."
- "You think there's a fresh start in today's world?"
- "I take what I need, from those who have more than enough I don't stand on the shoulders of people with less."
- Selina Kyle: You think all this can last? There's a storm coming Mr Wayne. You and your friends better batten down the hatches 'cause when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
- Bruce Wayne: You sound like you're looking forward to it.
- Selina Kyle: I'm adaptable.
- John Daggett: Can we get some ladies in here?
- Selina Kyle: Careful what you wish for.
[attacks Daggett and pins him up against the wall]
- Selina Kyle: What's the matter, Cat got your tongue?
- John Daggett: You dumb bitch.
- Selina Kyle: Nobody ever accused me of being dumb.
- John Daggett: You're dumb; for coming here.
[Stryver puts a gun near her head]
- Stryver: Nice outfit, do those heels make it hard to walk?
[Kyle kicks him from behind]
- Selina Kyle: I don't know, do they?
- Batman: No guns. No killing.
- Selina Kyle: Where's the fun in that?
- "I had no choice."
- John Blake: You've made some mistakes, Miss Kyle.
- Selina Kyle: A girl's gotta eat.
- John Blake: You've got an appetite. Why run? You can't hide from us with a reckon like this.
- Selina Kyle: Maybe its not you I'm running from.
- John Blake: Who then? Bane? What do you know about him
- Selina Kyle: That you should be as a afraid of him as I am.
- John Blake: We can offer you protection.
[Selina looks at him like he's a moron]
- John Blake: Okay then. When I spotted you I was looking for a friend of mine, Bruce Wayne. Did they kill him?
- Selina Kyle: I'm not sure.
- "Never steal from someone you can't outrun, kid."
- Selina Kyle: You don't owe these people anymore. You've given them everything.
- Batman: Not everything. Not yet.
- "About that whole guns thing, looks like I'm not as committed to it as you are."
- Selina Kyle: You could have gone anywhere, but you came back.
- Batman: You too.
- Selina Kyle: Well, then I guess we're both suckers
Batman: The Animated Series
- "Purrfect my love, let's go home" - The Cat and the Claw Part One
- "Bats are just mice with wings, little girl" - Batgirl Returns
- Catwoman: You can't deny there's something between us.
- Batman: You're right, and I'm afraid it's the law. - The Cat and the Claw: Part One
- Catwoman: Have you told the police you found your "cat burglar"?
- Batman: Not yet.
- Catwoman: Why not?
- Batman: I didn't want you taken away like a common criminal.
- Catwoman: So you do care.
- Batman: More than you'll ever know. - The Cat and the Claw: Part Two
- Catwomam: Thanks for coming after me.
- Batman: I owed you one
- Catwoman: I'd like to think that our relation isn't restricted to saving each other from freaks and weirdos. Maybe there is a place without Gotham, without the freaks, maybe without masks.
- Batman: Maybe...
[hears sirens, turns her head, turns back, Batman's gone, watches him swing away into the night]
- Catwoman: Hmm...Almost Got 'Im" - Almost Got 'Im
- Catwoman: You should have said yes.
- Batgirl: If I had I would have been a rat with wings.
- Robin: I knew you had Catwoman on a leash all along.
- Batgirl: You're a lousy liar, but thanks for trying.
[police car drives off with Catwoman, but halfway through, the policemen are shoved out]
- Catwoman: I said I'll let them take them me......but I never said how far! - Batgirl Returns
- Nightwing: I told I didn't need...
[Catwoman appears from behind]
- Catwoman: ~a gift?
[gives a flying kiss to him and back handsprings away] - You Scratch My Back
- Batman: I don't trust you Selina.
- Selina Kyle: Of course you don't. That's why it could never have worked out between us. - You Scratch My Back