Sleepy Hollow (film)
(Redirected from Sleepy Hollow)
Sleepy Hollow is a 1999 film based upon the legend of The Headless Horseman and based loosely upon the Washington Irving story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow." It was directed by Tim Burton and received the 1999 Academy Award for Best Art Direction.
- Villainy wears many masks, none so dangerous as the mask of virtue.
- No. You must believe me. it was a horseman, a dead one. Head less.
Katrina Anne Van Tassel
- I think you have no heart. And I had a mind once to give you mine.
- Good-bye, Ichabod Crane. I curse the day you came to Sleepy Hollow
Lady Van Tassel
- Watch your heads.
- (An Irish take on the expression "Mind your heads")
- Katrina Anne Van Tassel: I have shed my tears for Brom, and yet my heart is not broken. Do you think me wicked?
- Ichabod Crane: No... but perhaps there is a little bit of witch in you, Katrina.
- Katrina Anne Van Tassel: Why do you say that?
- Ichabod Crane: Because you have bewitched me.
- Ichabod Crane: So... three persons murdered. First, Peter Van Garrett and his son, Dirk Van Garrett. Both of them strong, capable men, found together... decapitated. One week later, the widow Winship. Also decapitated. Now, I will need to ask you many questions. But first, let me ask: Is anyone suspected?
- Baltus Van Tassell: How much have your superiors explained to you, constable?
- Ichabod Crane: Only that the three were slain in open ground. Their heads found severed from their bodies.
- Reverend Steenwyck: Their heads were not found severed. Their heads were not found at all.
- Ichabod Crane: The heads are... gone?
- Notary James Hardenbrook: Taken. Taken by the Headless Horseman. Taken back to hell.
- Ichabod Crane: Gentlemen: murder needs no ghosts come from the grave. We have murders in New York without benefit of ghouls and goblins.
- Baltus Van Tassel: You are a long way from New York, constable.
- Ichabod Crane: We take the Indian Trail to the Tree of the Dead.
- Young Masbath: How will we recognize it?
- Ichabod Crane: Without difficulty, I rather fear.
- [after escaping the Horseman]
- Young Masbath: Is he... dead?
- Ichabod Crane: That's the problem. He was dead to begin with.
- Johnny Depp - Constable Ichabod Crane
- Christina Ricci - Katrina Anne Van Tassel
- Miranda Richardson - Lady Mary Van Tassel
- Michael Gambon - Baltus Van Tassel
- Christopher Walken - The Headless Horseman
- Richard Griffiths - Magistrate Philipse
- Casper Van Dien - Abraham "Brom Bones" Van Brunt
- Marc Pickering - 'Young' Masbath
- Jeffrey Jones - Reverend Steenwyck
- Christopher Lee - Burgomaster
- Ian McDiarmid - Dr. Thomas Lancaster
- Michael Gough - Notary James Hardenbrook
- Lisa Marie - Ichabod's Mother
- Claire Skinner - Midwife Elizabeth 'Beth' Killian
- Alun Armstrong - The High Constable
- Watch your head!
- Who will it come for next?
- Heads Will Roll.
- Close Your Eyes. Say Your Prayers. Sleep If You Can.
- You can lock the doors. You can bolt the windows. But can you survive the night?
- Don't lose your head
- Your heads are history!