- Of all the many and (thanks to a free press) the ever-multiplying blessings attendant upon the "glorious constitution" of literature, not the least precious and profitable to a modern cultivator of systems and syllables, in pamphlets, magazines, and folios, is the right of Quotation.
- Shall we not rejoice then and revel in the glorious liberty of extract, and quote to the thousandth line? Shall we not have pages like the Pyramids?
- Samuel Laman Blanchard, "Quotations"
- Give me the words of man, not characterizations from minions and critics.
Also See Wikipedia: ELApro
Wikiquotes to be initiated 
Henry Osborn Taylor & The Mediaeval Mind
Wikiquotes initiated 
- Chambers, Robert (publisher born 1802) with quotes from Vestiges and Sanitary Economy.
- Commerce of the Prairies: or The Journal of a Santa Fé Trader, 1831–1839 by Josiah Gregg; edited map & uploaded groundhogs image for illustration; I originally & mistakenly entered this article as the "Josiah Gregg" Wikiquote article Dec-2011
- Drucker, Peter years 1939-2001 quotes (25,156 bytes) Jan 10 - Jan 12 2005
- Hunter, Robert (author) quotes from Poverty, Violence and the Labor Movement & Why We Fail as Christians
- An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding sections I-XII "complete."
- Jesus or Christianity A Study in Contrasts @ELApro.net by Kirby Page was transferred for safe-keeping after the article was removed from Wikiquote.org for possible Possible Copyright Infringement by Collingwood, even though the entire book, Jesus or Christianity is available for download at the Internet Archive. The entire book is also available for purchase in print from publishers (e.g. BiblioBazaar, 2011 as a "reproduction of a book published before 1923") not holding the current copyright. Currently checking into copyright, originally held by Doubleday, Doran & Company, Inc. Sent a letter to Doubleday and e-mails to various other publishers inquiring as to current copyright holder. No response yet from Doubleday.
- Laughlin, Robert B. - This article was later deleted by myself after I notified Dr. Laughlin and discussed the quoted materials. However, Wikiquote log indicates InvisibleSun deleted the article.
- Lyell, Charles and entries in section Principles of geology (1832) Vol.1 & section The Geological Evidences of the Antiquity of Man (1863) in progress
- Page, Kirby with quotes from Something More, The Sword or the Cross, "What is War?" An American Peace Policy, The Personality of Jesus, Individualism and Socialism, Property & Now is the Time to Prevent a Third World War
- Radio-activity 1904 book by Ernest Rutherford
- The Sane Society split quotes from Ch.3,5,9 under Erich Fromm into new article & added quotes from all chapters.
Wikiquotes contributed to 
- Art Sorted by author instead of by quote; added Tolstoy & John Dewey Quotes/Links;Nietzsche (7); Erich Fromm, The Sane Society; R.H. Tawney, The Acquisitive Society; Thorstein Veblen, The Theory of the Leisure Class (3)
- Augustine of Hippo: Quotes about Augustine quoted Pascal's The Art of Persuasion & minor edits to The City of God, quote XI,26
- Bernard of Clairvaux 12 quotes: Ludlow's Age of the Crusades & 1: Pages's Jesus or Christianity, both in section "Quotes about Bernard"
- The Bible John Chapters 1-4
- Blanchard, Samuel Laman added section "Sketches from life (1846)" with a multitude of quotes; also section "Quotes about Blanchard" with Edward Bulwer-Lytton's Memoire
- Buddha, Gautama added: Anguttara Nikaya - The Heart; Samyutta Nikaya - Soma and Mara, Bamboo Acrobats; The Gospel of Buddha - Ch. 58 The Buddha Replies to the Deva
- Campbell, Joseph added 7 quotes from the Introduction by Bill Moyers to the Power of Myth section. These entries were then moved to the section "Quotes About Campbell" by Kalki, and probably rightly so. He also linked many common words in the quotes to Wikiquote articles and bolded relevant portions of the text. Under the section The Hero with a Thousand Faces, entered the following number of quotes: Ch.1 (4 & split/added to existing quote), Ch.2 (6), Ch.3 (1)
- Conservatism: (4) quotes from Veblen's Theory of the Leisure Class
- Descartes, René: Quotes about Descartes quoted Pascal's The Art of Persuasion & Miguel de Unamuno's The Tragic Sense of Life
- Epictetus: extensive additions to the Golden Sayings; also added section "Quotes about Epictetus" & quoted Pascal's Pensées
- Galilei, Galileo added Letter (1624) to Francesco Ingoli (1578-1649), Letters to Giovanni Battista Baliani (1582-1666), Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems (1632); later compared "men who... extol... inalterability" to Maimonides' Guide for the Perplexed "If man were never subject to change... could be no generation... would be one single being"
- von Goethe, Johann Wolfgang Teichmann quote under "Attribute" & White quote under "Quotes about Goethe"
- Gould, Stephen Jay contributing substantially to section - Leonardo's Mountain of Clams and the Diet of Worms
- Herder, Johann Gottfried added section "Quotes about Herder" with White quote + evolution related quotes in section "Ideen zur Philosophie der Geschichte der Menschheit (1784-91)"
- Hitchens, Christopher: rearranged and contributed to God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
- Hobbes, Thomas added section "Quotes about Hobbes" with quotes from Christopher Hitchens & H. L. Mencken
- Huxley, Thomas Henry (T.H.) added section "Evidence as to Man's Place in Nature (1863)" with 35 quotes
- Infinity initiated extensive quotes by Aristotle (~25), also initiated quotes by Thomas Aquinas (1), David Hume (1), Morris Kline (10), Leibniz (2), Blaise Pascal (8).
- Jeans, James added Section on Physics and Philosophy (1942)
- Lecky, William Edward Hartpole p.254 quote from History of European Morals & cited page#'s for other quotes
- Leibniz, Gottfried added link to compare his "best of all possible worlds" to Maimonides' (Guide for the Perplexed) "Whatever is formed of matter receives the most perfect form possible in that species of matter."
- Liberalism: (3) quotes from Locke's Thoughts Concerning Education & expanded Intro to include historical usage of the term liberal
- Luther, Martin added section "Quotes about Luther" with quotes from Page's Jesus or Christianity & White's The Warfare of Science
- Mill, John Stuart added section Quotes about Mill with Thorstein Veblen quote from The Theory of the Leisure Class.
- Newton, Isaac Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel, and the Apocalypse of St. John (1733)
- Pascal, Blaise Split Pensées into sections and added extensive quotes to Sect. VI, II, III, I, X; added section "The Art of Persuasion" with extensive quotes
- Piaget, Jean added The Moral Judgment of the Child (1932) with extensive quotes (in progess)
- Peirce, Charles Sanders added section The Law of Mind (1891) Note: I started a new article with wrong spelling "Pierce," my entries were transferred to the correct article "Peirce" by InvisibleSun
- Politics Art, Equality, freedom, liberty, and rights, Campaign Finance, War, Military & Peace, War Iraq; Voting & Participation; International Affairs, United Nations & World Government
- Quotations Hugh Walker; Edgar Allan Poe; Arthur Thomas Malkin; W. Blackwood; Samuel L. Blanchard
- Qur'an: added Maulana Muhammad Ali translation sections: The Opening, The Cow, The Family Amran, The Women, The Food, The Cattle, The Elevated Places, Voluntary Gifts, The Immunity, Jonah & Hud.
- Raleigh, Walter quote from Testimony by Robert Chambers
- Reason Epictetus, "Golden Sayings" #'s 81,101; David Hume, "An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding" (13); Zeno of Citium, as quoted in De Natura Deorum by Cicero (1)
- Russell, Bertrand
- A History of Western Philosophy contributed substantially prior to UDScott separating this section of Bertrand Russell into a separate article which wiped out my contributions from the history of the new article; refer to Bertrand Russell article history.
- The Problems of Philosophy - extensive contributions
- Socrates added the section Phaedo and extensive contributions within it; Epictetus, "Golden Sayings" #64
- Spencer, Herbert added section for his article "The Development Hypothesis" (1852) with introduction and 11 quotes
- Spinoza, Baruch contributed extensively to Ethics Sections which was later split out to the separate article by UDScott... see Spinoza History Oct 22 - Dec 11 2010.
- Tolstoy, Leo added sections: A "Letter to a Hindu" and "What is Art?"
- Treatise on the Gods Initiated section "Treatise on the Gods" under article Mencken, H. L., with quotes from chapters 1,3,4 & 5. UDScott later cut the section from Mencken & transferred it to the new article loction, where work continues.
- de Unamuno, Miguel added extensive quotations and chapter headings to section: The Tragic Sense of Life (1913)
- White, Andrew Dickson added sections "Seven Great Statesmen" and "Autobiography" with relevant quotes. Moved History of the Warfare of Science/Theology (initiated by me) to separate article.
Wikiquotes: minor contributions 
- Bacon, Francis: Novum Organum Book II, Aphorism 29 as quoted in David Hume, "Enquiry... Human Understanding"
- Beauty quoted David Hume, "Enquiry... Human Understanding"
- Huygens, Christiaan from Treatise on Light, relating to the scientific method vs. mathematics
- Nietzsche, Friedrich Quotes about Nietzsche: H. L. Mencken; Russell (3)