13 Going on 30
Jump to navigation Jump to search
13 Going on 30 is a 2004 film in which a girl's birthday wish transforms her into her 30-year-old future self, and she learns that her dreams of popularity and high fashion may not lead where she expects.
For some, 13 feels like it was just yesterday. For Jenna, it was.(taglines)
- Okay, you can wipe the doe-eyed, Bambi-watching-her-mother-get-shot-and-strapped-to-the-back-of-the-van look from your face.
- You don't always get the dream house, but you get awfully close, you know?
- It doesn't matter what Lucy said. I stopped trusting her after she stole my PopRocks in the third grade.
- [Jenna has invited the most popular girls in school to her 13th birthday party]
- Young Matt: I can't believe you invited those clones.
- Young Jenna Rink: They're my friends.
- Young Matt: The Six Chicks are not your friends, okay?
- Young Jenna Rink: Almost. And someday I'm gonna BE a Sixth Chick.
- Young Matt: There are six of them, Jenna, that's the whole point. There can't be a seventh Sixth Chick. It's just mathematically impossible. Besides you're way cooler than they are, they're totally unoriginal.
- Young Jenna Rink: I don't want to be original, Matty, I want to be cool.
- [Repeated lines]
- Matt: Arrivederci.
- Jenna: Au revoir.
- Mom: Just because you don't look like those girls in Poise magazine doesn't mean you're not beautiful in your own way.
- Jenna: I don't wanna be beautiful in my own way. I wanna look like these people!
- Mom: Oh, those aren't people, honey. Those are models.
- Lucy: Can you get in the car?
- Jenna: I can't get in the car, I don't get in the car with strangers.
- Lucy: Please get in the car, we're gonna be late.
- Jenna: I can't get in the car, I don't know you.
- Lucy: Just get in the car.
- Jenna: I don't get in the car with strangers!
- Lucy: You're being a little paranoid.
- Lucy: Richard, we are hiring new printers, we're installing passwords. We're building firewalls on all the computers. Jenna fired Charlotte yesterday.
- Richard: Did you? Good, I guarantee she has friends at Sparkle. She was always taking notes.
- Lucy: She was a secretary.
- Richard: Yeah, whatever.
- Becky: I like your dress.
- Jenna: That's because I have these incredible boobs to fill it out!
- Lucy: Speaking of disasters, what is she doing here?
- Jenna: Who?
- Lucy: Sparkle's editor in chief, Trish Sackett. Twelve o'clock and headed our way.
- Trish: Hi, girls. Our J. Lo issue is selling like hotcakes. How's yours doing?
- Lucy: My God, Trish, are things so bad you had to come to our party to eat free food? Please, put some crab in your purse for later.
- Trish: You might want to keep some of that biting wit for your magazine. Or you could change the name to something more appropriate...like Poison or Pitiful. Whatever's more pathetic.
- Jenna: You know what? You are rude and mean and sloppy and frizzy. I don't like you at all.
- Arlene: I have your urgent messages.
- Jenna: Let's hear them.
- Arlene: Well, okay. Emily Pratt called and wanted me to tell you, "I can't believe you scooped my story on Vivienne Tam, you backbiting bitch. That was a new level of sleaze, even for you. I hope you die in one of her casual pantsuits."
- Jenna:Oh, my God, that was so mean.
- Arlene: Miss Lewis called. She said, "I hope you choke on your own bile, you pretentious, conniving snake."
- Jenna: Maybe I should read them myself.
- Beverly Rink: Well, Jenna, I know I made a lot of mistakes, but I don't regret making any of them.
- Jenna: How come?
- Beverly Rink: Because if I hadn't have made them, I wouldn't have learned how to make things right.
- Jenna: I love you, Matt. You're my best friend.
- Matt: Jenna... I've always loved you.
- [Jenna returns to 1987, and has a second chance as Crazy for You by Madonna plays in the background.]
- Young Lucy: [to Matt; snobbishly] Jenna's waiting for you in the closet.
- [Young Lucy goes upstairs; Young Matt goes to closet, and opens door]
- Young Jenna: [happily] Matty! [pounces on Young Matt and passionately kisses him.]
- Young Matt: [impressed] Wow. You really know what you're doing.
- Young Jenna: Come on.
- Young Lucy: [takes scarf; snobbishly] Sorry, I forgot my scarf.
- Young Jenna: [angrily snatches Lucy's homework, and rips it up] You know what? You can be the pot and kettle all by yourself from now on, [splashes Young Lucy's drink on her dress] biatch. [to Matt] Come on, Matt.
- Young Lucy: [to Young Jenna; incensed and confused] What did you call me?!
- Young Jenna: We're gonna be late.
- Young Matt: For what?
- Young Jenna: You'll see.
- [last lines]
- Jenna: A Razzle, Mr. Flamhaff?
- Matt: Thank you, Mrs. Flamhaff.
- For some, 13 feels like it was just yesterday. For Jenna, it was.
- A comedy for the kid in all of us.
- Jennifer Garner - Jenna Rink
- Mark Ruffalo - Matt Flamhaff
- Judy Greer - Lucy Wyman
- Andy Serkis - Richard Kneeland
- Lynn Collins - Wendy
- Samuel Ball - Alex Carlson
- Renee Olstead - Becky
- Christa B. Allen - Young Jenna
- Sean Marquette - Young Matt
- Alexandra Kyle - Tom-Tom (young Lucy)