13 Going on 30
13 Going on 30 is a 2004 film in which a girl's birthday wish transforms her into her 30-year-old future self, and she learns that her dreams of popularity and high fashion may not lead where she expects.
- Okay, you can wipe the doe-eyed, Bambi-watching-her-mother-get-shot-and-strapped-to-the-back-of-the-van look from your face.
- You don't always get the dream house, but you get awfully close, you know?
- It doesn't matter what Lucy said. I stopped trusting her after she stole my PopRocks in the third grade.
- [Jenna has invited the most popular girls in school to her 13th birthday party]
- Young Matt: I can't believe you invited those clones.
- Young Jenna Rink: They're my friends.
- Young Matt: The Six Chicks are not your friends, okay?
- Young Jenna Rink: Almost. And someday I'm gonna BE a Sixth Chick.
- Young Matt: There are six of them, Jenna, that's the whole point. There can't be a seventh Sixth Chick. It's just mathematically impossible. Besides you're way cooler than they are, they're totally unoriginal.
- Young Jenna Rink: I don't want to be original, Matty, I want to be cool.
- [Repeated lines]
- Matt: Arrivederci.
- Jenna: Au revoir.
- Mom: Just because you don't look like those girls in Poise magazine doesn't mean you're not beautiful in your own way.
- Jenna: I don't wanna be beautiful in my own way. I wanna look like these people!
- Mom: Oh, those aren't people, honey. Those are models.
- Lucy: Can you get in the car?
- Jenna: I can't get in the car, I don't get in the car with strangers.
- Lucy: Please get in the car, we're gonna be late.
- Jenna: I can't get in the car, I don't know you.
- Lucy: Just get in the car.
- Jenna: I don't get in the car with strangers!
- Lucy: You're being a little paranoid.
- Lucy: Richard, we are hiring new printers, we're installing passwords. We're building firewalls on all the computers. Jenna fired Charlotte yesterday.
- Richard: Did you? Good, I guarantee she has friends at Sparkle. She was always taking notes.
- Lucy: She was a secretary.
- Richard: Yeah, whatever.
- Becky: I like your dress.
- Jenna: That's because I have these incredible boobs to fill it out!
- Lucy: Speaking of disasters, what is she doing here?
- Jenna: Who?
- Lucy: Sparkle's editor in chief, Trish Sackett. Twelve o'clock and headed our way.
- Trish: Hi, girls. Our J. Lo issue is selling like hotcakes. How's yours doing?
- Lucy: My God, Trish, are things so bad you had to come to our party to eat free food? Please, put some crab in your purse for later.
- Trish: You might want to keep some of that biting wit for your magazine. Or you could change the name to something more appropriate...like Poison or Pitiful. Whatever's more pathetic.
- Jenna: You know what? You are rude and mean and sloppy and frizzy. I don't like you at all.
- Arlene: I have your urgent messages.
- Jenna: Let's hear them.
- Arlene: Well, okay. Emily Pratt called and wanted me to tell you, "I can't believe you scooped my story on Vivienne Tam, you backbiting bitch. That was a new level of sleaze, even for you. I hope you die in one of her casual pantsuits."
- Jenna:Oh, my God, that was so mean.
- Arlene: Miss Lewis called. She said, "I hope you choke on your own bile, you pretentious, conniving snake."
- Jenna: Maybe I should read them myself.
- Beverly Rink: Well, Jenna, I know I made a lot of mistakes, but I don't regret making any of them.
- Jenna: How come?
- Beverly Rink: Because if I hadn't have made them, I wouldn't have learned how to make things right.
- Jenna: I love you, Matt. You're my best friend.
- Matt: Jenna... I've always loved you.
- For some, 13 feels like it was just yesterday. For Jenna, it was.
- A comedy for the kid in all of us.
- Jennifer Garner - Jenna Rink
- Mark Ruffalo - Matt Flamhaff
- Judy Greer - Lucy Wyman
- Andy Serkis - Richard Kneeland
- Lynn Collins - Wendy
- Samuel Ball - Alex Carlson
- Renee Olstead - Becky
- Christa B. Allen - Young Jenna
- Sean Marquette - Young Matt
- Alexandra Kyle - Tom-Tom (young Lucy)