Aaron Ramsey (Born 26 December 1990) is a Welsh footballer who plays as a midfielder for Arsenal, the team that signed him for the 2008 season from Welsh club Cardiff City. Nicknamed Rambo, he broke his leg in 2010, but after healing and being loaned out twice returned to help Arsenal win the 2014 FA Cup.
- I have dreamt about this day for many years as a young kid coming through and it hasn't quite sunk in yet.
- About scoring the winning goal in the 2014 FA Cup Final when Arsenal came from 0-2 down to win 3-2 against Hull City after extra time
- I have loved my stay here, enjoyed the wildlife at the Mara and the weather in Mombasa with my family. The hospitality has been first class and am definitely looking forward to coming back sometime in the future... I learned two Swahili words: jambo (Hello!) and asante (Thank you!).
- XinhuaNet (2 June 2013)
- I am determined and focussed on overcoming this injury and hope to be back fitter and stronger than before.
- TheGuardian Quotes about the double fracture of his right leg sustained on 27 February 2010 in a challenge with Stoke City's Ryan Shawcross, who was sent off for the offence (Published 5 March 2010)
- That was top football. It was all one touch, the ball was perfect into the player they were passing to and the first time finish with his right foot was great. Our philosophy is to play football like that and get the ball down and play fast one or two touch football.
- (Published 20 October 2013 on the Arsenal Website) Ramsey (EPL Player of the Month in September 2013) praising teammate Jack Wilshere's sublime 18th minute opener in a breathtaking 4-1 win over Norwich City at the Emirates Stadium. Newcomer Mesut Özil scored a brace while a wonderful individual effort from Rambo himself, coming on as a 38th minute substitute for the concussed Mathieu Flamini, saw the Gunners return to the top of the Premier League in October 2013
Quotes about Ramsey
- When Arsenal player Aaron Ramsey scores, someone famous dies.
- That boy is pure quality, and once he settles and starts scoring goals, he won't stop.
- I was a midfielder and I would have loved to have had what he has. He can defend, he can attack, he can score goals. You want more. He's young - another quality that I lost as well. He can still develop. When you see the development in him in the last two years, then why should he stop now?
- Arsene Wenger, WalesOnline (Published 30 November 2013)
- If Arsenal are top, it's because (Ramsey) has been the best player at the start of the (2013/4) season. He has been terrific...the most consistent player in the premier league.
- Patrick Vieira, an Arsenal legend and Manchester City coach (Published 27 January 2014)