Adam Michael Goldstein (March 30, 1973 – August 28, 2009) was an American club DJ better known as DJ AM. Goldstein was a former member of the rock band Crazy Town, and scratched on albums for Papa Roach, Madonna, and Will Smith, among others.
- Feed the soul, starve the ego.
- DJ AM Official Blog (2009)
- (on the plane crash) I saw Travis running and flailing, trying to put out fire on his body. He screamed, ‘What do I do?’ and I said, ‘Roll!’ He did, but the fire didn’t go out. He tried to rip his clothes off. I finally put the flames out by smothering him with my body. Some of my burns are from that. His sock was on fire – I burned my fingers taking it off.
- DJ AM opens up about the plane crash People Magazine. October 10, 2008.
- They shaved my head and took layers of skin from my scalp. To heal the wounds, I was in a hyperbaric chamber for 90 minutes twice daily for four days. It’s claustrophobic. One of my first nights home, I watched ‘Iron Man’ with friends. In the scene where Robert Downey Jr. comes out of the cave with a blowtorch, my whole body cringed. That night, I had a nightmare someone spilled fuel on me and was trying to light me on fire. I woke up and thought, ‘Oh my God, this is going to happen forever?’
- DJ AM talks about plane crash People Magazine. October 2008.
- I hadn't heard his remixes and didn't know how amazing a drummer Travis is. But we got together, I threw on James Brown's 'Funky Drummer,' one of the most sampled beats in hip-hop, and 'I Know You Got Soul' by Bobby Byrd. His face would just open up; he would match the beat perfectly. I thought, 'Damn, this is fun.' It's like a skeleton you get to put the clothes on. And once the clothes are on, you yank out the spine.
- I have really bad days and I have really OK days. It's strange. I'm blessed. I'm alive. I'm here.
- DJ AM In July Interview: 'I'm Blessed. I'm Alive' Huffington Post. Retrieved August 30, 2009. (July 2009)
- There’s no reason why I should have lived or why I lived and they didn’t. And it’s something I struggle with every day.
- DJ AM’s friend rushed to his SoHo apt., but he was already dead Taragana. Retrieved August 30, 2009
- I've prayed every night for the past 10 years. There's a lot more to thank God for now. My philosophy is 'live life to the fullest,' [and] I was saved for a reason. Maybe I'm going to help someone else. I don't question it. All I know is, I'm thankful I'm still here.
- James Montgomery DJ AM Says He Was 'Saved For A Reason' In First Post-Crash Interview October. 15 2008. Retrieved August 30, 2009. (October 2008)
- The fact that I can be in an airport and someone says, "there's DJ AM" means something, right? I just don't consider myself a celebrity, I've never viewed myself that way. Five Minutes with DJ AM (August 2008)
- What I do with the majority of my free time is help people get off drugs. It’s nice to just sit and listen to them talk about what’s going on in their life and not think about what’s going on with me for a while. Success is not money, it’s happiness. Interview with DJ AM
- New York, New York. Big city of dreams, but everything in New York ain't always what it seems. Last Twitter posting by DJ AM (August 25, 2009)
About Adam Goldstein
- I saw DJ AM play in a mansion in Miami, and he amazed me with his skills and the music he picked to make the crowd move. He made sure everyone — I mean everyone — had a good time!
- DJ Khaled, club DJ.DJ AM's Turntable Skills Revered By Drama, Just Blaze, More DJs
- I am deeply saddened by the news of the passing of DJ AM. He was our resident DJ at Rain Nightclub at the Palms Casino Resort. We considered him a friend and a great artist. He will truly be missed.
- George Maloof, entrepreneur and casino owner DJ AM DEATH LEAVES CLUB BOSS DEVASTATED
- In complete shock. I really want to use words right now but I can’t get em. Fuck. We’re supposed to lose our friends to time, at an age when we’re ready to agree to the terms of having lived a long life. Not now.
- I just can’t wrap my head around it – I don’t want to believe it’s real – and nothing I can say will serve his memory any justice right now. I’m just f-ng sad sad.
- Samantha Ronson, club DJ DJ AM’s Friends Pay Tribute
- We were live on-air and I had to fill for time, so I just rolled up on him — I didn't know him. And I remember thinking how unfazed he was that we'd just shoved a camera in his face, because he was kind, he was charismatic, he was funny. He was a good guy and I remember that meeting very well. We spoke after that, and we would see each other out a lot and I would go and see him play. He was always cool, like effortlessly cool.
- Tim Kash, presenter DJ AM Remembered By Tim Kash (August 2009)
- This week has been one of the hardest I've ever lived. My close friend, Adam had passed away. Known for his impeccable DJing. He was much more than that to me and many, many other people. He helped and touched everyone who met him. Treating you as if he had known you forever. He was always sharing such joy among others… and if you were lucky enough to hear the sound of his laughter, you got to hear something very, very, special. It's incredibly hard to think of what to say about you Adam, as tears are running down my face. All I can say is I love you Adam and I miss you and am so glad you were someone in my sister’s, and my life.
- Cory Kennedy, fashion model Remembered by Cory Kennedy
- I have never experienced anything quite like Adam Goldstein. He made me feel warm and whole. He smelled soft. Adam was a remarkable human being, and so many have been blessed by his presence. We talked of marriage and excitement of having children together. He would whisper in my ear sometimes before we went to sleep, 'Goodnight, my sweet angel.' Most mornings when I woke up, he'd make me toast and juice and say, 'Good morning, soul mate.' I will cherish the memories forever. Even though our time together was short, I would change nothing. The love I continue to feel for him and the love that we shared together will live with me and those who witnessed us together forever. I will never be the same without him. A part of me has passed away with him. Even the warmest of days will never compare to the warmth I felt when I touched him. He was my soul mate, and now he is my soul. He was my amazing grace.
- Hayley Wood, girlfriend and fashion model DJ AM's Girlfriend Hayley Wood Remembers Her 'Soul Mate' At Memorial