Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Adam Goldstein.
- My emotions go back and forth. At the first hospital, I screamed, 'Thank you!' Then I wondered, 'Why did I live?' I can't believe I made it. Any second, it can all be gone. (October 2008)
- I saw Travis running and flailing, trying to put out fire on his body. He screamed, 'What do I do?' and I said, 'Roll!' He did, but the fire didn't go out. He tried to rip his clothes off. I finally put the flames out by smothering him with my body. Some of my burns are from that. His sock was on fire — I burned my fingers taking it off. (October 2008)
- One of my first nights home, I watched 'Iron Man' with friends. In the scene where Robert Downey Jr. comes out of the cave with a blowtorch, my whole body cringed. That night, I had a nightmare someone spilled fuel on me and was trying to light me on fire. I woke up and thought, 'Oh my God, this is going to happen forever.' (October 2008)
- At 24, I felt like my life was over.
- I spent the next two years doing drugs every day, until I went to my mom and actually asked her to send me to rehab.
- I have countless, countless, countless unfinished tracks lying around.
- Number one is The Ting Tings – I'm really in love with them. As I said before, I'm really into a lot of those early bands like New Young Pony Club…and then of course Daft Punk. I won a DJ battle in 1997 playing Busta Rhymes over Da Funk and I've never ever stopped listening to Daft Punk. This whole second emergence with all the new fans…I like it, but I have this whole thing like, motherfucker, I was first!
- I'd love to (put out my own records), but it's a quality problem, not an idea problem. I'm never in one place long enough to work on producing, I'm always traveling and DJing.
- I had no idea how the survivors' guilt could have felt. I'm a mess though man. I just hope time will fix this depressed feeling asap. I can't go on being this miserable.
About Adam Goldstein (unsourced)
- AM was really dope. He was dope on another level. He innovated the live DJ experience a bunch of ways. His transitions from song to song were clever to the point you might be like, 'Damn, why didn't I think of that?' He did that while rocking the crowd. It only got crazier when he linked with Travis Barker and had that extra element to add to the mix: a world-class drummer! You can watch clips of them online to see the routines they created. DJs definitely started pairing up with musicians for live shows after that. He was an innovator and inspiration to a whole generation of DJs that saw the success you could achieve if you stepped your game up and thought outside the box. With AM, It wasn't a party; it was an experience.
- DJ Green Lantern, club DJ
- I was so excited to meet him, him being who he is. I heard so much about him. I was a fan. I remember when I got to the party, he was so hype. He told me he was excited to meet me. He called me 'the man,' and I'm looking at him like, 'Nah, you're the man.' He was down to earth and very humble. I was opening for him, he had top billing. He didn't come in on no Hollywood sh-- or nothing like that. He told me he'll get on when I finish. I appreciated that, coming from somebody that accomplished what he accomplished and was doing what he was doing.
- DJ Drama, club DJ
- I am absolutely heartbroken. For those of us lucky enough to have known him, Adam radiated a contagious exuberance for life and also personified the very definition of a true friend.
- Mandy Moore, singer-actress
- Don't know how I am gonna play tonight but I am for AM. My brother is gone. I love you and miss you, I'll never forget all the good times we had. I'll never forget everything we've been thru and every time I play the drums I'll think of you. You were an amazing friend/DJ/human being.
- Travis Barker, musician.
- I can’t believe this. I’m in shock. Why? Why?
- Lindsay Lohan, singer-actress
- I'm so sad for AM’s family and close friends. Its beyond tragic and a really sad day.
- Stephanie Pratt, reality television personality
- I'm so destroyed by this loss. Everything reminds me of Adam. I love you so much my brother. I miss you so much. You are my inspiration. I love you.
- Steve Aoki, club DJ
- Just cant believe th at Adam (DJ AM) is gone. I don't want to believe it. I'm in shock. He was one of the most genuine people I have ever met.
- Kelly Osbourne, singer
- My deepest condolences for DJ AM, you were a great artist and will be severely missed. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends
- Shanna Moakler, reality television personality