After Hours (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
What if that date you thought would never end, didn't? (taglines)
- What do you want from me? I'm just a word processor!
- Pepe: Art sure is ugly.
- Neil: Shows how much you know about art. The uglier the art, the more it's worth.
- Pepe: This must be worth a fortune, man.
- Marcy: I was raped once. As a matter of fact it happened right here in this very room. I lived here once. He came in through there on the fire escape. He held a knife to my throat and said if I made a move, he'd cut my tongue out. He tied me to the bed... he took his time... six hours.
- Paul: My god... Was he, uh... did they get this guy?
- Marcy: No. Actually it was a boyfriend of mine. To tell you the truth, I slept through most of it. So... there you are.
- Marcy: My husband was a movie freak. Actually, he was particularly obsessed with one movie, "The Wizard of Oz." He talked about it constantly. I thought it was cute at first. On our wedding night, I was a virgin. When we made love - you've seen the movie, haven't you?
- Paul: "The Wizard of Oz"? Yeah.
- Marcy: Well, whenever he - you know, when he came...
- Paul: Yeah.
- Marcy: ...he would scream out, "Surrender Dorothy!" That's all! Just "Surrender Dorothy!"
- Paul: Wow.
- Marcy: Instead of saying something normal like, "Oh, God," or something normal like that. I mean, it was pretty creepy! And I told him I thought so, but he just, he just couldn't stop, he just, he just couldn't stop, he just... couldn't stop.
- Paul: What type of pot is this?
- Marcy: Colombian.
- Paul: That's a lie.
- Marcy: What?
- Paul: This isn't Colombian. I don't even think it's pot.
- Marcy: That's what the guy who sold it to me said it was...
- Paul: Well, the guy who sold it to you is a liar. So are you.
- Marcy: Don't get upset, I just won't buy it from him anymore. Are you all right?
- Paul: Where are those Plaster of Paris paperweights, anyway? I mean, that's what I came down here to see in the first place. Well, that's not entirely true, I came to see you, but where are the paperweights? That's what I wanna see now!
- Marcy: What's the matter?
- Paul: I said I wanna see a Plaster of Paris bagel and cream cheese paperweight, now cough it up.
- Marcy: Right now?
- Paul: Yes, right now!
- Marcy: They're in Kiki's bedroom.
- Paul: Then get 'em, cause as we sit here chatting, there are important papers flying rampant around my apartment cause I don't have ANYTHING to hold them down with.
- [Paul is trying to get into a nightclub]
- Club Berlin Bouncer: Got any money?
- Paul: Yes I got money. Is that what this is all about, you want money? Why didn't you ask for that in the first place man. Here, it's all I got.
- [gives the Bouncer a quarter]
- Club Berlin Bouncer: I'll take your money 'cos I don't want you to feel you left anything untried. Now, you keep the quarter... [gives Paul his quarter back] ...but you still have to wait a few minutes.
- [Paul has no money for a subway token]
- Paul: Couldn't you just give me one token, please?
- Subway Attendant: I can't do that. I may lose my job.
- [Paul looks around and sees no one else in the station]
- Paul: Well, who would know... exactly?
- Subway Attendant: I could go to a party, get drunk, talk to someone... who knows?
- What if that date you thought would never end, didn't?
- When it's after midnight in New York City, you don't have to look for love, laughter and trouble. They'll all find you!
- What is the very worst night you ever had...?
- Griffin Dunne - Paul Hackett
- Rosanna Arquette - Marcy Franklin
- Teri Garr - Julie
- John Heard - Tom Schorr
- Catherine O'Hara - Gail
- Linda Fiorentino - Kiki Bridges
- Verna Bloom - June
- Tommy Chong - Pepe
- Cheech Marin - Neil
- Will Patton - Horst
- Clarence Felder - Club Berlin Bouncer
- Dick Miller - Pete, diner waiter
- Bronson Pinchot - Lloyd