Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cai-Göran Alexander Stubb (born 1 April 1968 in Helsinki) is a Finnish politician and was Minister for Foreign Affairs in 2008–2011 and a Member of the European Parliament with the European People's Party (EPP) 2004–2008.
- I had always regarded language as more a question of utility than identity. Therefore, I promptly noted that all the (EU) meetings should be conducted in English and French. My older colleagues laughed. Later I understood why. On the second day of the Finnish presidency (of the EU) a German delegation refused to participate in an informal ministerial meeting because no German interpretation had been arranged.
- Alexander Stubb The naked truth and other stories about Finns and Europeans WSOY 2009 p 13, 31.
- Call me the “stan” man. Or have you ever been to Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kirghizia or Kazakhstan. Give it eight weeks and I will have done them all.
- Alexander Stubb The naked truth and other stories about Finns and Europeans WSOY 2009 p 88.
- (On same-sex marriage) It’s a question of human rights, gender equality and equality.
- Fuck what shit, could not interest less.
- Alexander Stubb in Nordic Council meeting in 2008
- Majority of party leaders would support gay marriage, Yle.fi, 27 November 2014.
- Koskinen, Mika: Soini: "Katainen, otatko tästä vastuun?"0 7.11.2008. Ilta-Sanomat