Kazakhstan, officially the Republic of Kazakhstan, is a country in Central Eurasia, with a minor part west of the Ural River and thus in Europe. Kazakhstan is the world's largest landlocked country by land area and the ninth largest country in the world. Its territory of 2,724,900 square kilometres (1,052,100 sq mi) is larger than all of Western Europe. In 2006, Kazakhstan had become the dominant nation of Central Asia economically, generating 60% of the region's GDP, primarily through its oil/gas industry.
- In Kazakhstan the favorite hobbies are disco-dancing, archery, rape, and table tennis.
- Perhaps one of those factors will be implemented in the coming three or four years. Kazakhstan needs to get ready in order not to miss this moment and to take advantage of the benefits that one or the other situation will bring. To do that, the country needs continued focus on structural reforms, improvement in infrastructure and innovation development in high-tech and low-tech sectors. These will help the country to regain its positions.
- EBRD Associate Director and regional lead economist Dr. Agris Preimanis, The Astana Times (February 3, 2016), "EBRD Advises Kazakhstan to Focus on Preparing for Better Times"
- Encyclopedic article on Kazakhstan at Wikipedia
- Media related to Kazakhstan at Wikimedia Commons
- Kazakhstan travel guide from Wikivoyage
- The dictionary definition of kazakhstan at Wiktionary