Amy Jean Klobuchar (born May 25, 1960) is an American lawyer and politician serving as the senior United States senator from Minnesota since 2007. A member of the Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party (DFL), Minnesota's affiliate of the Democratic Party, she previously served as the Hennepin County attorney. She was a candidate in the 2020 presidential elections.
- I believe that we need to bring a significant number of our troops home. That’s the only that we send a clear message to the government of Iraq that we’re serious about this and that they need to start taking responsibility for their own country.... I am one who does not believe that we can bring all the troops home tomorrow. The situation is too precarious. But I believe we need to start this year, in the very near future, drawing down the troops.
- So what's the cost of the culture of corruption? Of people giving breaks to the oil companies and giving giveaways and Christmas presents to the drug companies and the insurance companies? The cost is $90 billion a year. There you go. Quantifiable.
- At a time when we must heal the heart of our democracy and renew our commitment to the common good, I stand before you as the granddaughter of an iron ore miner, as the daughter of a teacher and a newspaperman, as the first woman elected to the United States Senate from the state of Minnesota, to announce my candidacy for president of the United States.
- Said at her campaign launch in Minneapolis, Minnesota on 10 February 2019. Quoted by CBS News. Amy Klobuchar launches presidential bid, joining record number of women candidates (10 February 2019). Retrieved 14 September 2019.
- I have won every place, every race — every time I've won.
- Said at a campaign speech in Ankeny, Iowa. Quoted by MPR News. On the campaign trail, Klobuchar sharpens electability message (15 July 2019). Retrieved 14 September 2019.
- I see natural gas as a transition fuel. It is better than oil but not nearly as good as wind and solar. I am being honest on what we need to do. We won't immediately get rid of it.
- Said at a town hall meeting on the climate crisis. Quoted by BringMeTheNews.com. What did Amy Klobuchar say at the CNN climate change town hall? (5 September 2019). Retrieved 14 September 2019
- The whole thing doesn't quite make sense and it's just another example of the President treating foreign policy like its some kind of game show. This isn't a game show, these are terrorists.
- Said after Donald Trump invited Taliban leaders to Camp David for peace talks. Quoted by CNN. Amy Klobuchar slams Trump for 'conducting foreign policy like a game show' (9 September 2019). Retrieved 14 September 2019.
- If you feel stuck in the middle of the extremes in our politics, you've got a home with me.
- Said in the Democratic Party TV debate on 12 September 2019. Quoted by the Guardian. How did each candidate in the Democratic debate do? (13 September 2019). Retrieved 14 September 2019.
Quotes about Klobuchar
- Amy Klobuchar has a joke she'd like you to hear
- Klobuchar has proven cross-party support that I fear Warren will lose in key electoral states.