Animaniacs (2020 TV series)
Animaniacs is an American animated comedy musical streaming television series developed by Wellesley Wild and Steven Spielberg for Hulu. It is a revival of the original 1993 animated television series of the same name created by Tom Ruegger. The new series sees the return of the Warner siblings, Yakko, Wakko, and Dot. The series premiered on November 20, 2020.
- The Warners: It's time for Animaniacs. And we're zany to the max. So just sit back and relax. You'll laugh till you collapse. We're Animaniacs!
- Yakko and Wakko: Come join the Warner Brothers.
- Dot: And the Warner Sister Dot.
- The Warners: Just for fun, we run around the Warner movie lot. They lock us in the tower whenever we get caught. But we break loose and then vamoose and now you know the plot. We're Animaniacs! Dot has wit, and Yakko yaks. Wakko packs away the snacks. Our careers have made comebacks. We're Animaniacs! Meet Pinky and the Brain who want to rule the universe. A brand new cast who tested well in focus group research. Gender-balanced, pronoun-neutral, and ethnically diverse. The trolls will say we're so passé, but we did meta first. We're Animaniacs! You should see our new contracts! We're zany to the max, There's baloney in our slacks! We're Animaney! Totally insane-y! [variable line; see the following section (example: Have no shame-y)] Animaniacs! Those are the facts!
- [Episode begins immediately after theme song wraps up]
Jurassic Lark [1.01a]
- [first lines of the reboot series]
- Dr. Ellie Sattler: [holding an animated cel of the Warners] Alan, this species of cartoon has been extinct since 1998. I mean these haven't been seen on TV since the golden era of animation! What? [she too dramatically pulls off her sunglasses to stare in wonder at what Alan is looking at; from afar, we see what appears to be a shadow of a brontosaurus; the shadow then morphs into three separate shadows: the Warners themselves; they prance towards them, gleaming in the sun]
- The Warners: ♪La!♪
- Dr. Grant: [Alan and Ellie get out to investigate] It's—it's the Warner Brothers!
- Dot: [from far away] And the Warner Sister!
- Steven: [parodying the role of Richard Attenborough's John Hammond, he laughs to himself at their reactions] That's—yeah. Oh, yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
- Dr. Ian Malcolm: [seated in the Jeep behind them] He—he did it. That, that, that, that crazy son-of-a-gun actually did it.
- Dr. Grant: [holds up Wakko] Clean, vectored outlines. [holds up Yakko] Wide screen format.
- Dr. Ellie Sattler: [holding up Dot] These don't look like reruns.
- [Dot grabs Ellie's nose and trumpet horns come out her ears; the Warners scamper away]
- Steven: Well, they're not. [Dot carries Steven over to Alan and Ellie] I reanimated them.
- Donald: We are gonna make a fortune with this show.
- [Dot holds up a cream pie and the Warner Brothers run away]
- Dr. Grant: How zany are they?
- Steven: Oh, to the max. [Alan is immediately hit with Dot's cream pie] Of course, then there's Pinky and the Brain.
- Dr. Ellie Sattler: Pinky and the Brain? You said you're bringing back Pinky and the Brain?
- Steven: Mm-hmm.
- Dr. Grant: [grabs Steven by the shoulder] Say it again.
- Steven: [smiles] We're bringing back Pinky and the Brain.
- [at the sound of this, Alan hunches over, dizzy]
- Dr. Ellie Sattler: Put your head between your knees.
- [Alan collapses anyway]
- The Warners: [bounce away into the sunlight] Boingy, boingy, boingy, boingy!
- Dr. Ellie Sattler: Where are they going?
- Steven: Home. Welcome to "Animaniacs"!
- Dr. Ellie Sattler: [spanks Alan's face several times] Wake up!
Suspended Animation: Part 1 [1.01b]
- Yakko: All right guys, there's a lot of pressure on our first lines. They got to be funny, they got to be irreverent and most of all. They got to be carefully crafted.
- Wakko: But you just wasted yours on. [US accent] “All right guys, there's a lot of pressure on our first lines.”
- Yakko: And YOU just wasted yours on. [Liverpool accent] “But you just wasted yours on... ‘All right guys, there's a lot of pressure on our first lines.’”
- Dot: To be—
- Yakko: [covering Dot’s mouth] Wait, don't! Make sure it's good first.
- Wakko: Yeah, it's all on you, Dot.
[Dot thinks for a quick moment, then she took a deep breath as if she was saying something. But suddenly, Yakko quickly interrupted her by covering her mouth]
- Yakko: Maybe something reminiscent of the first season?
- Wakko: But, modern to show them that we're not your dad's Animaniacs.
- Yakko: BUT... not so modern that you'll alienate your dads because they're a key part of our demographic! [Dot took a deep breath as if she was trying to say something, but she, again, is interrupted by Yakko] Don't over think it!!
- Dot: [Annoyed, Dot bangs Yakko and Wakko with a huge mallet] 22 years later and I'm still a knockout!
- Rob Paulsen as Yakko Warner, Pinky, Dr. Scratchansniff
- Jess Harnell as Wakko Warner
- Tress MacNeille as Dot Warner
- Maurice LaMarche as the Brain
- Frank Welker as Ralph T. Guard
- Stephanie Escajeda as Nora Rita Norita