Deshamanya Arjuna Ranatunga (Sinhalese: අර්ජුන රණතුංග; born 1 December 1963) is a former Sri Lankan international cricketer and cricket administrator, who (during his time) captained the Sri Lankan national cricket team in the 1990s, and led the team to a victory in the 1996 Cricket World Cup. He failed captaincy in 1999 after Sri Lanka's poor performance at the World Cup at England. He retired from cricket in 2001, and now he is a politician.
- There is a group within the SLFP who abuse that freedom and democracy. They go on instigating people and rousing racism. Many of those who held leading positions of the SLFP sometime back are supporting that campaign. Disciplinary action should be taken immediately against them.
- Ports and Shipping Minister Arjuna Ranatunga has demanded that SLFP members who attended the recent Joint Opposition rally at Hyde Park in Colombo be sacked from the party, quoted on island.lk, "Arjuna wants SLFP rebels sacked over Hyde Park rally", March 26, 2016.
- Sports officials must work with more responsibility to develop sports. Even under the good governance government some Sports Ministry officials don't carry out their duties properly as they are influenced by money and power. It is always sports clubs, institutions and sports personnel who pay the price for all misconducts of officials. To change this trend sports authority must take the necessary steps.
- Daily News, "Sports Ministry must act with more responsibility - Arjuna Ranatunga", February 18, 2016.
- It does not matter if they come from Singapore, China, Japan or Ethiopia.
- Agreements with foreign investors will not affect national security: Arjuna, a meeting in the Trincomalee district, March 5, 2016.
- You get him out and half the battle is won.
- Arjuna Ranatunga on Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, Sachin Tendulkar: Quotable quotes on the batting legend.
- If Kumble was born in Australia or England, he would have got much more prominence in world cricket considering his superb record in both forms of the game. Kumble is definitely the best role model for any youngster entering the game.
- Ranatunga on cricketer Anil Kumble, in "Kumble Calls it a Day: Quotes... For and By Kumble..."
- Arjuna made us believe in ourselves. He did it for two decades. We owe a lot to him. He helped us become a force in world cricket. He is definitely the most influential cricketer Sri Lanka ever produced.
- Muttiah Muralitharan, quoted on sports.ndtv, "Kumar Sangakkara Not Sri Lanka's Most Influential Cricketer, it's Arjuna Ranatunga: Muralitharan", August 25, 2015.
- I don't like him and I'm not in a club of one.
Encyclopedic article on Arjuna Ranatunga at Wikipedia