Singapore officially the Republic of Singapore, is a sovereign city state and island country in Southeast Asia. It lies off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula and is 137 kilometres (85 mi) north of the equator.
|This Geography article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Against this macroeconomic backdrop, the outlook for the Singapore economy remains cautiously positive.
- The Ministry of Singapore, quoted on BBC News, "Singapore growth exceeds estimates in fourth quarter", February 21, 2013.
- The slash-and-burn technique being used is the cheapest land-clearing method and it is not only used by local farmers, but also employees of palm oil investors including Singaporean and Malaysian companies. We hope the governments of Malaysia and Singapore will tell their investors to adopt proper measures so we can solve this problem together
- Hadi Daryanto, an official at Indonesia's Forestry Ministry on Singapore 'slash and burn', quoted on BBC News, "Singapore hit by highest haze levels in 16 years", June 18, 2013.
- Our maritime cluster today is vibrant, comprising more than 130 international ship groups and more than 5000 maritime companies across the full range of industry. We are well positioned to serve as a gateway to Asia, and provide a platform for businesses to benefit from the shifting of centre of gravity to this region
- Ms Josephine Teo, Senior Minister of State for Finance and Transport, quoted on Today Online.com, "Government committed to supporting Singapore’s maritime hub status", March 19, 2014.