Malaysia is a federal constitutional monarchy in Southeast Asia. It consists of thirteen states and three federal territories and has a total landmass of 329,847 square kilometres (127,350 sq mi) separated by the South China Sea into two similarly sized regions, Peninsular Malaysia and Malaysian Borneo. The current prime minister of Malaysia is Najib Razak.
|This Geography article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I lived in Malaysia for three years in the kind of uncertainty westerners face only in times of war. The five daily calls to prayer are the only predictable events in the capital city, Kuala Lumpur. The power cuts are frequent, the traffic jams continuous. Islam is the official religion, but materialism is the ruling creed. ... Islam is practised with ritual precision and with perfect reverence for its Arabian dimension. All Malays, including the royal family, look up to Arabs, the white men of the East.
- The old way was you use a connection, you get the job. We as a Chinese company are competitive, on pricing we are reasonable and we have vast experience so we can get the tender. Even Malay contractors are on board with levelling the playing field. Why not compete with other races? There's no harm for us. As a Bumi I can assure you the Malays are ready for that.
- Yoeh Ken Chong, head of the company, which won the government tender to upgrade parts of the site, quoted on BBC News, "Economy key in Malaysia's tightest poll", May 2, 2013.
- We need the international community to come together to ensure that Malaysia responds to the ongoing investigations into the misappropriation of government funds, known as the 1MDB scandal, and does not try to cover up any wrongdoing. The attorney-general’s statement is just another in a long line of incidents that raises questions about the impartiality of the judiciary and Malaysia’s commitment to fighting corruption
- TI's Asia Pacific regional director Srirak Plipat said it is urgently calling for greater protection of those who bring corruption to light in Malaysia and swift investigations into the corruption crisis surrounding the government, quoted on Malaysia Kini (February 16, 2015), "TI fears Malaysia moving towards autocracy"