Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Arabs are a population of people that inhabit the Arab world. They live primarily in the Arab states in Western Asia, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, and western Indian Ocean islands.
- One of the strongest impressions I had when I lived with the Arabs, was the 'everyday-ness' of God. He ruled their eating, their travelling, their business, their loving. He was their hourly thought, their closest friend, in a way impossible to people whose God is separated from them by the rites of formal worship.
- Ronald Bodley, cited in World Faith, Ayer Co Pub., 1949, p. 171
- Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English, or France belongs to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs.
- Mahatma Gandhi in Zionism and Anti-Semitism (November 1938), as quoted in The Gandhi Reader: A Sourcebook of His Life and Writings, p. 318
- Bricks are considered to be the first material created by human intelligence from the four elements: earth, air, water, and fire. ...The great variety of designs and effects that artists of the past, especially the Arabs... were able to create in their brickwork, assembled with an element so monotonous... can be compared only with the beauty and attractiveness a romantic poet attained by adjusting his verses to the rigidity of a formal meter.
- Eduardo Torroja, Philosophy of Structures (1958) p. 28, Tr. J. J. Polivka, Milos Polivka from Razón y ser de los tipos estructurales (1957)
- One day those Arabs who have been brought to the Kurdish areas will have to be expelled. Syrian government policy has brought many Arabs to the Kurdish areas. All the villages where they live now belong to the Kurds.
- Salih Muslim (leader of the PYD) in an interview with Serek TV. Rudaw : PYD Leader Warns of War with Arab Settlers in Kurdish Areas