Jump to navigation Jump to search
Artie Shaw (born Arthur Jacob Arshawsky May 23, 1910 – December 30, 2004) was an American jazz musician, clarinetist, composer and band leader, and was also an author of both fiction and non-fiction writings.
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It became such a hit that it superseded anything that any band had ever had. It was the first time that a so-called swing band played something melodic and still gave it a beat.
- On "Begin the Beguine", as quoted in Artie Shaw, the Reluctant 'King of Swing' (2002-03-08). Archived from the original on 2002-08-04. Retrieved on 2007-12-20.
- You run into a party and [a] woman comes up to you. She's the most beautiful creature you ever saw — Ava Gardner — and says, "I like you and why don't we get together?" What are you going to say, "No"? You'd have to be an idiot. She was an incredible creature.
- As quoted in Artie Shaw, the Reluctant 'King of Swing' (2002-03-08). Archived from the original on 2002-08-04. Retrieved on 2007-12-20.
- Encyclopedic article on Artie Shaw on Wikipedia