Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham City is a 2011 action-adventure video game developed by Rocksteady Studios and released by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Arkham City is written by veteran Batman writer Paul Dini with Paul Crocker and Sefton Hill, and is based on the franchise's long-running comic book mythos. In the game's main storyline, Batman is incarcerated in Arkham City, a massive new super-prison enclosing the decaying urban slums of fictional Gotham City. He must uncover the secret behind Arkham's sinister "Protocol 10" while protecting inmates from the notorious criminals housed there. The game's leading characters are predominantly voiced by actors from the DC Animated Universe, with Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill reprising their roles as Batman and the Joker, respectively.
- [to Catwoman] "You are not safe here... no one is."
- "This is not a time for negotiation."
- [to Mr. Freeze] "Today is not a good day to push me, Victor."
- "Where's Ra's? If he's dead again, I need you to wake him up."
- [to Ra's Al Ghul] "You've become what you've always fought against, and I will stop you."
- [after dodging a sniper bullet] This place is dangerous... I like it!
- Sorry to disappoint you boys. It's just little ol' me.
Prof. Hugo Strange
- "How does it feel, Wayne? To stand on the very stone that ran with your parents' blood. Do you feel sad? Full of rage? Or does that outfit help bury your feelings. Hiding your true self. Oh, you are a truly extraordinary specimen. I look forward to breaking you,".
- "I feel I should thank you. Capturing Bruce Wayne is so much easier than capturing Batman, and now that we have you, Protocol 10 is ready to commence. It will be my legacy. A monument to your failure. And if you try to stop me, I guarantee everyone will know your secret,".
- "Computer, activate: Protocol 11... Password: Wayne,".
- "Lower your weapons. Mr. Wayne will not be any trouble, will you, Mr. Wayne? The cuffs can stay on. We don't want to make things too easy for him,".
Mr. Freeze/Dr. Victor Fries
- I will turn your blood to ice!
- Death is cold, Batman.
- You will bring me Nora...or you will die!
- Have ever seen a flower die? Watched something that was once so beautiful, so full of life, collapse and rot from within?
- You are in my world now, Batman.
- I learn from my mistakes, Batman. Do you?
- "Welcome to hell!"
- [to Batman] "Look around you. This horrible bunch of psychopaths are all begging to join up with me, but unfortunately for them, I only take the best. And today, the best means whoever can kill you, come on out lads, it's initiation time."
- "Nighty-night!" [knocks out Wayne]
- "What the hell is happening down there? Hello! Is someone gonna answer me? I give you one simple task. Stick up a couple of freaking machines. And what? You couldn't even get that right? I hope Batman broke every bone in you stupid bodies. I hope you lie in there, desperately trying to breathe through fractured ribs and punctured lungs. And if you're not, you better summon whatever strength you've got left and run. 'Cause after I'm done with the bat, you're all next!"
- [to Batman] "Hold still ya wanker!"
The Riddler/Edward Nygma
- "Do you admit that I am smarter than a bat?"
- "You are all experiencing fear in anticipation of some specific pain or danger. This is perfectly understandable."
- "Explore! Find my challenges! And when you fail to solve them and lie blubbering like an ignorant child on the floor, you will know, that the Riddler is better than you!"
- Comissioner Gordon: "What the hell happened in there? Batman, what happened?"
- Harley Quinn: "Shhhhh, there there..." [singing] "Hush, little baby, don't say a word / Momma's gonna kill for you the whole damn world."
- Two-Face: [to Catwoman] "Heads or tail, kitty cat?"
- Tyger 4: "We have positive ID on Batman. He is kicking all kinds of ass down there."
- Batman:: "It was all a lie. There's nothing wrong with you."
- Joker: "Nice of you to say, Bats, but you of all people should know…there's plenty wrong with me."
- Batman: "Let's just talk about this..."
- Joker: "Now you wanna talk?"
- [pointing a gun to Talia's head]
- Joker: "Too late."
- Joker: "Quick, the cure! What are you waiting for? Come on! I killed your girlfriend, poisoned Gotham, and hell... it's not even breakfast. But so what? We all know you'll save me."
- Batman: [pondering whether or not to give the cure to the Joker, after drinking some of it] "Every decision you've ever made ends with death and misery. People die. I stop you. You'll just break out and do it again."
- Joker: [laughs at the absurdity of cat and mouse] "Think of it as a running gag!"
- [the Joker leaps out and stabs Batman in the shoulder, causing him to drop the vial containing the cure, shattering it]
- Joker: "No!"
- [Batman pulls out the knife while the Joker drops to the floor and begins desperately trying to grab some of the cure]
- Joker: "Are you happy now?"
- Batman: "You want to know something funny? Even after everything you've done, I would have saved you."
- Joker: [laughs, coughs] "That actually is…pretty funny… [starts laughing and coughing, then gasping for air and finally dies, smiling]
- Batman: "I told you I'd find her."
- Mr. Freeze: "Thank you, Batman. I am sorry I doubted you."
- Batman: "Just fix her and quit this life. You're better than this."
- Penguin: "So, Batman, you 'ere for the cops, the ice man, or me?"
- Batman: "I was only here for Freeze and the hostages, but now, I'm taking you down too."
- Penguin: "Ooh, aren't you scary."
- Batman: "You're about to find out."
- Penguin: "Well, look who it is. What's up, Batman? Did a little bird tell you that Two-Face was back?"
- Batman: "I'm surprised he didn't kill you. What did you do, hide?"
- Penguin: "Who do you think you're talking to? Oswald Cobblepot doesn't hide from anyone, understand? He just…he just didn't see me."
- Batman: "How convenient."
- Batman: "You're finished, Cobblepot."
- Penguin: "No! I'm sorry. Please don't hurt me."
- Batman: "I can't guarantee that."
- Penguin: [pulls out detonator] Me neither."
- [the platform Batman is standing on explodes]
- Mad Hatter: "You're mine now. You're mine and there's nothing Strange can do about it. Are you not going to drink your tea? It's my special tea. My special tea. My 'specialty'."
- Batman: "Go to hell, Jervis."
- Batman: "Don't ever try to get in my head again, Hatter."
- Mad Hatter: "But you don't understand, I need you! I can't win without you..."
- Batman: "Then you lose. I'm not your slave. Not now, not ever."
- Catwoman: "Figured you could use my help."
- Batman: "You're right, I think I chipped a nail back there."
- Catwoman: "You stick to the brooding. I'll handle the wisecracks."
- Catwoman: "No gun, Harv? Shame. This is gonna hurt."
- Two-Face: "Two guns, bitch!"
- Two-Face: [speaking to himself] "The only way to get by in this place is to get ourselves some respect..."
- Two-Face: "...Fear! That's how we get respect! Show them all how we do things!"
- Talia al Ghul: "Thousands of warriors have fallen in pursuit of the Demon. Would-be successors have proven to be nothing more than children battling the enormity of creation."
- Batman: "I've seen worse."
- Oracle: "Bruce? Where the hell have you been? I thought you were dead."
- Batman: "Sorry to disappoint you."
- Bruce Wayne: "Shut Arkham City down! It's out of control!"
- Hugo Strange: "Shut it down? By the end of tonight, I will be a hero. Just like you... Batman."
- Batman: "I didn't need your help."
- Robin: "Really? That's not what it looked like from where I was standing."
- Inmate 1: "Do these things even work underground? I read the manual, it never said anything about working underground."
- Inmate 2: "Yeah, they work. Since when have you been all about reading, anyway?"
- Inmate 1: "I read."
- Inmate 2: "Porn don't count."
- Inmate 1: "Screw you."
- Penguin: [blows up a bridge] "See, I told you it would work. Blow up the bridges and cut off the clown's forces. Easy."
- Inmate: "But Mr. Cobblepot, we're stuck too."
- Penguin: "So?"
- Inmate: "We can't get back."
- Penguin: "And your point is?"
- Inmate: "Well, it's just... you've left us over here with the Joker's crew."
- Penguin: "Try and take some of them down before you die, son. Ha ha ha."
- Inmate: "You bastard."
- 'Tyger 4: "All units, this is Air Tyger 4. We have confirmation that Prisoner 4011 is in the courthouse. I repeat, Catwoman is in the courthouse."
- Hugo Strange: "Is she in danger?"
- Tyger 4: "Affirmative. Target is being held by Dent. We believe he intends to kill her. How should we proceed?"
- Hugo Strange: "Stand down. Let Two Face have his fun."
- Tyger 4: "Understood."
- Batman: "That doesn't sound good."
- Jack Ryder: "Bruce Wayne? Great, here I was reporting on your crummy press conference, and now here we both are. I guess that'll teach you to get involved in politics."
- Bruce Wayne: "Listen to me carefully, when they open the door, do not panic. Stay close to me."
- Jack Ryder: "You think I'm taking advice from some guy who's never even been in a fight?"
- Catwoman: [sees Penguin trapped in a display case] "What the hell are you supposed to be?"
- Penguin: "Piss off!"
- Catwoman: "Really? Okay, if you insist. Oh, I forgot to say, speak to me like that again, Penguin, and I'll show you just what it feels like for a poor little bird to be torn apart by a cat."
- Penguin: "Please, don't hurt me! I didn't mean it!"
- Catwoman: "That's much nicer. See, you can be nice, Oswald. See you around."