Be Kind Rewind
Be Kind Rewind is a 2008 American comedy film about two bumbling store clerks who inadvertently erase the footage from all of the tapes in their video rental store. In order to keep the business running, they re-shoot every film in the store with their own camera, with a budget of zero dollars.
- Directed and written by Michel Gondry.
- I am Robocop. Anything you say can and will be held against you...in the court of Robocop.
- I will shoot you, and I know robot karate.
- That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard! That's totally non-sequitary!
- I'm not saying your uncle is illiterate, maybe he just needs to go to night school.
- [while shooting "Driving Miss. Daisy", Alma chases the car with the camera] Who is that hussy chasing after us? Be gone, hussy.
- I was going to make you into the next Marilyn Monroe! But no! Now you're just going to be.... Laundry girl!
- Hey, hey, don't put your shoes in the refrigerator... 'cause they'll get cold!
- What's happening to our 'hood!!
- Jerry: [sung, poorly, to the tune of the Ghostbusters theme song] When you're walkin' down the street... and you see a little ghost... whatcha gonna do about - Ghostbusters?
- Mike: What? What is that?
- Jerry: That's the Ghostbusters theme song.
- Mike: No.
- Jerry: I'm pretty sure it is.
- Alma: Are you in love with me?
- Mike: Huh?
- Alma: Mm-hm.
- Mike: Well, how do I know that?
- Alma: You know you're in love with a person when you talk to them for a minimum of 20 minutes a day in your head.
- Mike: What if I talk to a guy in my head for 20 minutes? What would that mean?
- Alma: You're in love with Jerry.
- Jerry: [Alma is providing the voices for "The Lion King"] Listen to me. I need to you say the line. I need you to say "I will piss on the bones of your ancestors"...
- Mike: No, no! That's not in the movie!
- Jerry: [interrupts] This is the next Lion King. This is Part II.
- Alma: Roar! I will piss on the bones of your ancestors!
- Jerry: How come you never got married Mr. Fletcher?
- Elroy Fletcher: Well, the common story is, the girl that you was gonna ask, you waited too long to ask. She went on to marry somebody else. And then you can't find anybody that compared to her. So what happens?... You get old.
- You name it, we shoot it
- Sometimes the best movies are the ones we make up
- Jack Black - Jerry McLean
- Mos Def - Mike Coolwell
- Danny Glover - Mr. Fletcher
- Mia Farrow - Miss Falewicz
- Melonie Diaz - Alma Sykes
- Arjay Smith - Manny
- Quinton Aaron - Q
- Chandler Parker - Craig
- P.J Byrne - Mr. Baker
- Matt Walsh - Officer Julian
- Paul Dinello - Mr. Rooney
- Sigourney Weaver - Ms. Lawson
- Marcus Carl Franklin - Kid #1
- Booker T. Jones - Fats Waller's fan in train (uncredited)
- Steve Cropper - Fats Waller's fan in train (uncredited)