Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown
Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown is the 13th prime-time animated TV special based upon the comic strip Peanuts, by Charles M. Schultz. It originally aired on the CBS network on January 28, 1975 and aired annually on CBS from 1975 to 2000. It has aired annually on ABC since 2001 and has been paired with A Charlie Brown Valentine since 2009.
- [first lines]
- Lucy: What are you doing, Charlie Brown?
- Charlie Brown: I'm waiting for valentines.
- Lucy: Oh, well. Good luck.
- Charlie Brown: Thank you.
- Lucy: You'll need it.
- Charlie Brown: You didn't have to say that!
- Charlie Brown: Well, another Valentine's Day has come and gone. I give anything if that Little Red-Haired Girl send me a Valentine. Hey, Maybe she did send me one. Maybe she did send me a Valentine and it didn't get here till today. Maybe it's in our mailbox right now! I'm afraid to look. If I look, and there's nothing there. I'll be crushed. On another hand, If she did send me a valentine. I've got to look! [Snoopy kisses Charlie Brown in the mailbox] I hate Valentine's Day.
- Violet: Charlie Brown, we've been feeling awfully guilty about not giving you a valentine this year. Here, I've erased my name from this one. I'd like you to have it.
- Schroeder: Hold on there! What do you think you're doing? Who do you think you are? Where were you yesterday when everyone else was giving out valentines? Is kindness and thoughtfulness something you can make retroactive? Don't you think he has any feelings? You and your friends are the most thoughtless bunch I've ever known. You don't care *anything* about Charlie Brown! You just hate to feel guilty! And now you have the nerve to come around one day later and offer him a used valentine just to ease your conscience?! Well, let me tell you something: Charlie Brown doesn't need your...
- Charlie Brown: Don't listen to him! I'll take it! I guess I'll let Schroder down. But it was my first Valentine you know.
- Linus van Pelt: I didn't do too well either. Miss. Othmar went out with her boyfriend. She never even knew I had a Valentine's gift for her.
- Charlie Brown: Well, Maybe it wasn't total thought for me. At least they we're showing a little thought for me. Even if it wasn't used Valentine's. At least they care little bit about me. Hey, maybe this is a start of a trend. Maybe this is a whole new trend for o' Charlie Brown. Maybe this is a start of something big. Maybe next year I get a whole bunch of Valentine's. Maybe next year I need 3 briefcases instead of 2. Maybe next year I'll even..
- Linus van Pelt: Happy Valentine's Day, Charlie Brown.
- Duncan Watson - Charlie Brown
- Melanie Kohn - Lucy van Pelt
- Stephen Shea - Linus van Pelt
- Lynn Mortensen - Sally Brown
- Greg Felton - Schroeder
- Linda Ercoli - Violet/Frieda
- Bill Melendez - Snoopy/Woodstock