- Directed by Julian Jarrold. Written by Kevin Hood and Sarah Williams.
- A novel must show how the world truly is. Somehow, reveals the true source of our actions.
- My characters shall have, after a little trouble, all that they desire.
- If you wish to practice the art of fiction, to be the equal of a masculine author, experience is vital. Your horizons must be…widened.
- What value will there ever be in life, if we are not together?
- Eliza de Feuillide: Flirting is a woman's trade. One must keep in practice.
- Mrs. Austen: Affection is desirable. Money is absolutely indispensable!
- Reverend Austen: Nothing destroys the spirit like poverty.
- Mrs. Austen: Jane!
- Lady Gresham: What is she doing?
- Mr. Wisley: Writing.
- Lady Gresham: Can anything be done about it?
- John Warren: [expressing his love for Jane] You cannot begin to imagine...
- Jane: Thank you for your kind attention... but... ARE THERE NO OTHER WOMEN IN HAMPSHIRE?!
- Tom: How can you of all people dispose of yourself without affection?
- Jane: How can I dispose of myself with it?
- Becoming a woman. Becoming a legend.
- Her own life is her greatest inspiration.
- Between sense and sensibility and pride and prejudice was a life worth writing about.
- Jane Austen's Greatest Love Story Was Her Own
- Anne Hathaway - Jane Austen
- James McAvoy - Tom Lefroy
- Julie Walters - Mrs. Austen
- James Cromwell - Rev. Austen
- Maggie Smith - Lady Gresham
- Lucy Cohu - Eliza De Feuillide